• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Wes

White Gti's

Wes

just a quick question as me and my mate both have white 1.6 205 gti's both on a g plate but they look slightly different colours. i know its probably due to old paint and the way they have been looked after with regards to cleaning and polishing etc. also does any one know where the paint code is and/or what it might be as i need some paint work doing soon. :)

DrSeuss

There's at least 2 shades of white for the 205, an early shade and a later whiter shade.

Don't know if its due to different paint codes. White is surprisingly difficult to get a match for, given its a flat non-metallic colour.

Wes

thanks for the reply, i know white is hard to match as my doors have been de locked and resprayed, and are a slightly brighter white to the wing and rear quater. getting a bit worried now as i need a new wing so i could have 3 different shades of white on one side of the car!! good thing its a track car and it can always be covered in stickers!! :)

Ryan

There are probably a few minor variations, and the way the cars have aged will make a difference - perhaps not as noticable with white, but look at 2 cherry red's, one that lives in a garage and another that's parked out in the sun, and you'd swear they were completly different colours!

The paint code is P0WT for Alpine white iirc.

Anthony

I suspect it's more the cars having been cared for differently throughout their lives - garaging, polishing, resprays etc.

My 1989/F 1.6 and 1992/J Mi16 are both pretty much the same shade of white to the naked eye, the only difference being that the later car has what I can only describe as more "depth" to the paint - almost certainly because whilst that car has been lovingly cared for and washed/waxed/polished regularly, the same can't be said of the previous owner of my 1.6!

Alastairh

Very true Anthony.

Although how often do YOU wash your cars? :)

Edited by Alastairh

Anthony
Although how often do YOU wash your cars? :o

Cheeky bastard - I should strike thou down with an 80% warn for such a display of rudeness :)

adam_young

There is a massive difference in how any colour can look though. Take my 205 for example. You wouldn't think it was the same car when it has been polished up. How many people polish white cars though....

pugboyracer

I always thought the white on ph1 cars looked more "cream", whereas on later cars its more of a pure white?

DrSeuss
I always thought the white on ph1 cars looked more "cream", whereas on later cars its more of a pure white?

I've got early white and what i assume is late white panels on my car. And you've seen what i've observed. The early shade is alot yellower then the later 'whiter' shade. Edp's mi being a good example of a late white.

jackherer

Ive got an '89 white shell and its got a non original auto bonnet from a later car thats creamier. luckily Ive got the original bonnet too.

Edp

I've always thought the early white was like a kind of dull white and the later cars a much deeper white. I parked up next to a early white non-gti the other day the difference was huge.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/6898/im...6e5a11da7kn.jpg

Unfortunately i dont know the paint code for my MI because the engine bay was resprayed at some point but from the pictures you can see the white has more depth than the early paint. I also think my car has been well looked after being garaged etc. . .

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5067/im...6e5a11da2hm.jpg

http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/2295/im...bbee11d98it.jpg

Ed

kate205gti
There is a massive difference in how any colour can look though. Take my 205 for example. You wouldn't think it was the same car when it has been polished up. How many people polish white cars though....

you have to polish them as well?! :unsure: damnit! thats why i bought white cars coz i thought you didnt have to :P

gti-hysteria

i pollished my tailgate the other day came up nice, but not sure if my car is alpine white or artic white, any1 know where the paint code is?????

ashlee205gti
i pollished my tailgate the other day came up nice, but not sure if my car is alpine white or artic white, any1 know where the paint code is?????

Above the passenger side headlight next to the slam panel, its more then likely to have worn off over time though to be honest.

timmsy19

i polish my car regulary and it looks like its just come out of the show room

Sign in to follow this