• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mad Professor

Now Powered By Megasquirt

Mad Professor

Hi All.

At long last I have had the car move under the power of MegaSquirt.

The last 3 weekends i have just had the car still, wile trying to get the VE table close.

This morning i tought feck it, and went for a drive from home to work, 5 min drive.

I still don't have a TPS connect so it's running from map only, and as i was not in a rush the car run very well.

I will keep you updated with my progress.

boombang

congrats!

I've read a good few of your posts and it sounds like a lot of hard work - but ultimately a worthwhile project.

Mad Professor

Yes it has been quite a head ake.

(1) I have to try and think like a yank, (Witch now has me talking to eveyone in yanky terms driving them mad).

(2) Not having a clue about engine mapping.

But now I have move the car from point A to point B powered by the MegaSquirt, I am now happy.

I was starting to worrie that my spending close to $1000 on all of the parts so far, and i was not going to get my car to run.

To night I think I am going to fill up the tank, and go for some drives around my little island, and get some datalogs, and try and do abit more tuneing.

ATM my 5 min try I was running quite rich, from an ARF of 12-13, thats just me driveing slowy.

Butler

Thats great news. What next? Can you/ Are you going to get it mapped on a RR?

I'd love to have a go at this. Not sure when I can try it though. Its tricky with a daily driver.

Mad Professor

ATM like I said above I will have to mapp the VE tables my self or with the autotune.

As for mapping on a RR we only have one RR over here and thay are very new at it.

So I will have to save my money and take her to someone on the mainland.

Rob Turbo

What lambda sensor are you using? wideband or normal?

Also, what version MS is it?

I have a v3 MS which I've got MSnS -E on for my 2.0 16v turbo conversion, will be a while before I get close to trying to fire it up tho!

Rob

madspikes

Like the setup! Not doing anything by halfs then!

Have you got it setup doing the ignition as well?

Like to find out how all this changes the engine characteristics!

Out of courisoity where did you get the MSII from? Is there a UK supplier as I havent noticed one.

Mad Professor

at this point in time I am keeping the standard dizzy system, But once I have learnt more about the system, I will be changing over to EDIS4.

As for where I bought the bit's from that is DiyAutoTune.com Jerry Hoffmann is a top guy, and has helped me a few times with my problems.

Mad Professor

The main thing I am stuck on atm is the AFR Table, As if I set this wrong and start autotuneing all of my VE Table will be out.

Mad Professor

Here is my AFR Table, Like I said I don't know how to set this one up.

AFR%20Table(1).jpg

And here is my VE Table, Not yet tuned.

VE%20Table(1).jpg

Edited by Mad Professor

Guest andy309goodwood

nice set up

do you have the wideband giving the mega an out put ?

Doof

Good to hear it prof, sounds like its been alot of hard work but it must be a great feeling when you get something like this working as its hardly a simple task!!

Mad Professor

andy309goodwood: Yes the wideband 02 sensor is linked into the MS-II.

Doof: Thanks, Yes I have spent alot of money and time on the new ECU, and it's been doing my nut in, but at long last it's getting there.

Mad Professor

Well I have been running my MS-II for just over a week now.

Still got along way with the mapping, but every trip I take with the car the laptop comes with me for the autotuning.

I've adjusted my AFR Table.

AFR%20Table(3).jpg

Even tho the MS-II does not need an AFM, I still had it all in the pipe work, I have now removed it and I now have a nice sound from the turbo nice sounding whisle.

The car is still running via MAP sensor only, no TPS, But I will have to add one soon, as when i hit the go faster pedel there is a bit of a delay.

If you want to look at my datalogs, saves, screen shots, ect you can find there here: http://www.205turbotechnics.co.uk/MegaSquirt/

Sign in to follow this