• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Miles

Roll Cage Installation Pic's

m.i-man

Miles, I'm loving the cage. That just looks so solid.

Will have to pop down one day as I'm a southampton lad. :)

Edited by m.i-man

Miles

Please do, We're open again in the new year and the car should be back mid - late Jan is you want to have a proper look!!

Miles

A update on the progress after getting the wheels back it's now rolling, Just waiting for some Steel rods from France then the engine goes in, Abit a mere 185bhp

A couple more pics

and the last pic

Jonmurgie

Loving the cage, especially all the strenghtening in the engine bay :) What sort of cost would a cage like that cost?

Miles

Not that much really, The basic cage starts at £250.00 upwards. The one shown is around a grand, The bit's you can;t see are under the wheel arches

paul205mi16

got to learn to weld properly and attemp this one day myself-looks amazing m8!:)

Rob Thomson

What pedal box is that? Looks exactly like the one I had in my 309 (of undetermined origin - possibly TAS) that fell apart under the immense strain provided by one of my scrawny legs.

Pugnut

looks great , really tidy job!!

i really like the way you've lowered the rad , do you have any more pictures of you're bracketry etc?

pug_ham

That looks ace, quality workmanship. :)

Graham.

Rob Thomson

Just having another look at this for inspiration... got a half-finished rally car sat in the garage. One of the problems that needs sorting out with mine is that the plates under the main hoop feet aren't 120sq.cm, as per the Blue Book. But I notice that this cage is also non-compliant. What's going on, am I misinterpreting the Blue Book or are you?!

Miles

The pedal box is something he bought that got built at home, Fit is terrible but it is proven to work thru last year, Not sure on the plates as it's not my side of things, but the Golf we run doesn't have nay and has always passed!!

Butler

Like the number plate ;)

I'd love to be able to take my car off the road and build it up like that.

easypug

Hello Miles,

I wouldn't mind coming down and taking a look at this car some time in the near future, is it going to be about in the next two weeks?

Dave

Miles

Dave

It will be nearly finished by then so please do pop down and have a look, It will be gone in around 3 weeks as the seanson starts then!!

Alastairh

Looks ace. Well done.

Wouldn't mind seeing it when its all done and out racing.

Miles

A few more of the finished car bar it stickers, Off to the rolling road/running in and she'll be at Cadwell Pk in a couple of weeks time

Not looking too bad

Butler

Proper ;)

Sandy

Nice!

I was planning to use dark grey for the functional areas, now I've seen it on yours I think it is a good idea, but might look like i'd copied!

Good work btw!

DaveK

So thats why i hardly see any 205's, youve got them all ;)

blooming loads, im so jealous :(

Well done on gettin the job finished!

Kev-G

Hope your adding a cambelt cover....

Is there a scoop in the bonnet for the air intake, or have th rad. been lowered?

I see the front arches pulled out - It doesn't 'appear' to provide much more clearance @ the top of the wheel....Illusion in the pic., or another reason for it?

Miles

No cambelt cover, Never fit them as it all junk to take off if you need to, We've raced and all the other 205's etc I know of do not use cam belt covers, Just switch off if you go into the gravel, which is your own fault anyway then.

The Rad sits allot lower as custom mounting brackets are used and the bonnet sit's higher than normal anyway so getting air in is no problem.

If the wings were not pulled out the wheels stick out by a good inch as they are 8x15 with 205/50/15's fitted, just a quirk of the rules.

Dino

Ive seen this car in the metal and its sexlicious :rolleyes:

Always a few interesting cars down at XSport, coffee is good there too.....if you can find someone to make it :angry:

richsmells

It is a rather tasty car. I had a good look when I was down there. :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this