• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Longun

Should I Be Worried.

Longun

I've noticed a white residue(see pic) on the inside of the filler cap. I've got no other signs of the head gasket going as water level is fine the heaters still blowing loads of hot air and there are no misfires.

I wondering if the breather pipes could be getting moisture in the from the inlet and causing it?

If it does go at least its an excuse for a big valve head and a cam :(

oil.jpg

Edited by Longun

tagy

that can be fairly normal on these cars, at this time of year.

Longun

Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't think it was the gasket as normally you'd get other signs.

hengti

Used to get this alot as well - especially after short runs - don't think it's anything to worry about

Coincidentally, I replaced the oil filler cap recently (accidentally broke the original one) - haven't had any mayo since (probably something to do with the wire mesh in the cap being clagged up)

Edp

You need to give it a good clean out and then take it for a good B road blast and make sure the engine gets up to running temperature. That should blow out any remaining 'mayo'.

I used to get this all the time in my 1.9 but none in my 1.6 which i thought was strange. Do a search as this has been covered loads.

Ed

M3Evo

Mine used to get so clogged up with mayo that I had to spend about 20mins clearing it all out before I could put any oil in! :(

Longun

Cheers all I'll be sleeping easier tonight. Now where is the rest of that list of things to fix.

KRISKARRERA

This forum needs some bloody sticky that says something along the lines of "Before asking a question read this 'FAQ' section to see if your question is answered in there."

There must be dozens of frequently asked questions that have easy answers.

saveloy

What's a potentiometer?!

DrSeuss

Oh i can see your problem, your peugeot is missing 8 valves! You want to get that sorted out, it could be terminal.

A potentiometer is a device for measuring a potential, probably why Saveloy has always come across ones that show zero potential................ :(

ashlee205gti

Check the dipstick, if thats covered in the same kind of 'mayo' then its time to get worried.

Longun

Kris you try searching on the word oil and spend half your life in threads with no relevance. It caused no-one nay harm and was answered in 5 mins. If you want to talk crap find another thread.

ThreadDirection-vi.jpg

Thanks to all with sensible replies. Ashlee205gti the dipstick is clear ;)

Rob_the_Sparky

Check that the pipe that goes into the throttle body is not blocked, that is the bit onthe throttle body itself. Not that uncommon and makes the problem significantly worse.

Rob

saveloy

Sam,we've never met. Yet you know me so well.

Kris,um OK. :)

Oh crikey.

Kris,I just entered my name & the fudgy funny machine has come back with the following:

your Wu-Name is

Dubious Masturbatah-X

Use it wisely, soldier.

:o:lol::PB)

KRISKARRERA
Kris you try searching on the word oil and spend half your life in threads with no relevance. It caused no-one nay harm and was answered in 5 mins. If you want to talk crap find another thread.

Hey asshole I wasn't actually refering to you personally. It was more of a message to the moderators. And Saveloy caused the hijack with his potentiometer fixation. (not that I mind cos it's good fun)

Edited by KRISKARRERA

Banjo

Alright ladies chill out.

Joe mate you need to take your car out and drive it the way Peugeot intended, flat out! Then have another look and I bet its cleared..

ps where abouts in Glos are ya?

Ben

Edited by Banjo

KRISKARRERA

Mayo on dipstick is necessarily bad either though. It just means it's run down into the sump.

saveloy

You're ratting on me Kris!

That's it. Kindly step out of this section NOW and meet me in Non-Humour.

I'll be in the thread entitled, 'How best to whoop Karrera boy's arse.'

spikey_richie

It's emulsification Joe - Oil vapours condensing out with the water droplets (caused by short journeys where the water doesn't boil off - as already said).

DON'T get an oil cap breather filter, I put one on my old 1.9 and it made it 10x worse!

Just a regular clean is all that's required.

rossimura

Oil catch tank may help, just thought about this the other day when cleaning out the filler fap 'Mayo' again....

When you clean it out remember to clean out the hoses as well, I suggest compressed air.

Sign in to follow this