• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rally Slag

Interior Heater Blower Fan Not Working, Help Please

Rally Slag

ok i've got my self a nice 205 gti 1.9 now, its a 1987 phase 1, needs some restoration work to get it back up to scrach, ive got everything coverd so far but my interior heater fan isnt working, im sure its not the fuse because everything else is working fine on the car so, also its not the heater fan it self because i powerd it up with a power probe and it works, so i've got no power going to the fan. Is this a commen fault or has anyone else expirenced this before? any help is much appricated

DaveW

its the resitior unit you may need a new one. its next to the fan with a white plug going into it.

Kenno

Yes my resitor unit went on mine common fault so I hear. Its well easy to change n does not cost very much at all.

sherly
Yes my resitor unit went on mine common fault so I hear. Its well easy to change n does not cost very much at all.

I bought mine from GSF last year for £15.

Listed on their site for a BX.

- N93466 HEATER RESISTOR RHEOSTAT BX 86> RESISTOR 15.00 -

Mart :(

Rally Slag

excellent guys thanks alot, i'll order it 1st thing tomorrow at work and hopefully should sort the problem

Rally Slag

right i've got one now, the bloke on the other end of the phone didnt really know what i was chatting about but on the parts order form it says heater reohstat. Its a little white recatanlge thing with some solder and copper strips on it with a black slidy thing and by the looks of it 3 metal tabs that look like they plug onto something. Anyway is that about right, also where do i fit it?

Guest soogreen

mine was working fine untill today went i took it out to get at clock, fixed the loose wire on the clock and when i put the fan switches back on it wouldn't work. It worked every now and then when i was tampering with it but i gave up due to light.

So it might not be knackerd.......lose wire???

I'm gonna try tomorrow..

sam205gti

Hi,

It sounds like the rheostat. It is not definate that you need a new one. You access them by going into the passenger side foot well. it is the little "box" with three screws into it. The reason that you may not need a new one is that because the rheostat is placed in the interior air inlet it can collect rubbish which goes wet and then shorts it, this may be the case. If so a bit of wd 40 and a pair of tweezers to remove the rubbish should do the trick. Later on peuget sealed the unit, earlier ones were not. I beleive there were two types of heater rheostat althought I am not sure when they changed types.

I checked with a volt meter what was going into the rheostat to isolate the problem to be that.

I hope you have not read the haynes manual because it says that you need to strip the dash etc... this is their lazy writing style. This is not the case at all it is very easy to remove. If you need more info ask and i'll take a photo (PM me because i might not check this thread again).

Guest soogreen

i fixed mine mate, a little rectangle metal thing droped out the round plastic thing that turns when you turn the fan on, i just put a little silver foil fround itto stop it falling out and bingo, it works...

Does anybody know how to get the circuit board thingy out?????

Rally Slag

i fink thats the part that i've bin sent, the circuit board thingy, its got a black plastic slider on it, i duno, aint looked at the car yet, was to cold and its got no battery on it so :rolleyes:

A18_RYU

can someone get a picture of the part in question? i think mine has packed in too....dont get any form of heat or wind blowing...

Sign in to follow this