• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mrswampy

Gti6 Manifold

mrswampy

does any one know if a gti6 inlet manifold will fit on an s16 cylinder head?

being advised to use this for my s/c conversion along with a modified gti6 t/b but am unsure if the bolt pattern etc line up?

DrSeuss

Should do, all inlets across the xu10 range share the same stud pattern.

I plan on fitting one to my engine at some point.

Martin@PRD
does any one know if a gti6 inlet manifold will fit on an s16 cylinder head?

being advised to use this for my s/c conversion along with a modified gti6 t/b but am unsure if the bolt pattern etc line up?

Hi

Are you planning to mount the supercharger underneath and can i ask what charger your using?

I might be able to help, if you require any

regards

mrswampy

the s.c is getting mounted the the where my a/c pump is currently sitting.

this will mean i just have to alter the lenght of the belt as ill fabricate the frame work so it sits in line with where the pullys now run.

as for the s/c im using an eaton mt45 off a cooper s.

got most parts, ecu, fmic, s/c just need the pipe work and to sort the rad out.

air filter is getting moved as are a few other bits in the engine bay to accomodate a few bits and bobs.

all going in the front of a 306 though, sorry

Martin@PRD

Isnt the a/c pump at the bottom of the block?

And from briefly looking at those chargers on e-bay they would benefit if you were to make the adaptor plate welded to the bottom of inlet and bolt charger to that?

Just that this picture, gave me the idea

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v728/tom...upercharger.jpg

Are you going to increase the ratio of the charger, for more boost?

Sorry for the questions just rather interested thats all

mrswampy

yes a/c is at bottom of sump, whichh is where ill be mounting it, not seen any down there but im sure it can be done.

im sure once its all up and running ill start experimenting with pulley diameters but for now would run standered size, this will give me about 7psi of boost, which isnt much but would rather start low and build up than start high and casue melt down.

d-9

The problem with bolting the charger directly onto the inlet like in that photo is you cant run an intercooler that way.

What management are you running it on mrswampy?

mrswampy

ill be running it on a mega squirt ecu.

not sure which way yet though.

might use standered ecu to fire normal injectors and the ms to fire an extra pair of injectors in to the inlet manifold and then use the 2nd map on it to fire somw water injection in to it aswell.

pugrallye

isnt a cooper s charger going to be a bit small for an s16? just out of curiosity as we are doing some R&D on one of those at work, and the first thing to hit the bin was the standard charger

DrSeuss

i reckon the secret to them is to run just a few psi of boost into a pretty much stock engine. Not lowering the compression any lower then 9.5:1 this would give you a rather heady 200ish hp.

mrswampy

according to the eaton website the mt45 will flow enough to run a 3l engine, so im at loss to why they change it with the works kit and people dismiss it so quickly.

to start with ill be looking at around 7psi of boost, would rather start low and work up than have it all go bang.

thouhg i am looking at changing the pulley now to a smaller one, which will help it give better power lower down the rev range.

d-9

This is going on what one of my mates told me (and therefore its just unconfirmed gossip, although he is usually right)...

The charger they fit for the works kit is the same, but with a smaller pulley.

try asking on a mini forum, it'd be a mini adventure :)

rich_w
Should do, all inlets across the xu10 range share the same stud pattern.

I plan on fitting one to my engine at some point.

** thread hijack **

your saying the 8v and 16v share the same stud pattern as well?

Edited by rich_w

DrSeuss

No, sorry, i meant the superior 16v heads, none of this 8 valve nonsense. I believe all the 16v inlets are interchangeable. From mi through to xu7jp4

easypug
No, sorry, i meant the superior 16v heads, none of this 8 valve nonsense. I believe all the 16v inlets are interchangeable. From mi through to xu7jp4

Does any one know this for sure? Mi16/S16 and GTi6 inlets all bolt on bolt off no messing with stud locations.

Anthony
according to the eaton website the mt45 will flow enough to run a 3l engine, so im at loss to why they change it with the works kit and people dismiss it so quickly.

Not really - in my opinion, the M45's limit is really a 2 litre engine. I worked it out that spinning the supercharger at it's maximum rated 14000rpm was enough for around 7psi boost on an S16 engine which is hardly a huge amount. For a 3 litre, you'd really need an M62 as a realistic minimum.

Miles

Yep all the inlet's can be swaped around

petert
Yep all the inlet's can be swaped around

ehh???? Dowell locations definitely differ between XU9J4 and XU10J4 inlet manifolds.

DrSeuss

30 seconds work with the angle grinder is not a big enough obstacle to prevent them fitting. They are interchangeable with minor modification.

maxi
30 seconds work with the angle grinder is not a big enough obstacle to prevent them fitting. They are interchangeable with minor modification.

The dowels are there for a reason though, to allow more accurate port aligning. If you just rely on the studs the manifold can sit quite misaligned to each port.

Maxi

Miles

Well anythings better than the Plastic Inlet 'thing' as fitted to the XU10J4 engines, With the manufactures port sizeing I doubt a mm or 2 would make any differance,

Swazy
Well anythings better than the Plastic Inlet 'thing' as fitted to the XU10J4 engines, With the manufactures port sizeing I doubt a mm or 2 would make any differance,

As you can see, there´s no problem to mount the gti6 inlet manifold on the xu9j4 mi16 engine.

But i saw today that the plastic-cube from the gti6 won´t match anymore, i think so.

Cause there isn´t enough space between manifold and crankbox

np_1B-Motor.jpg

You see, on the left side you will have the probs! Damn, i have to make thoughts how i could mount this plastic cube as well, any ideas??

Swazy
As you can see, there´s no problem to mount the gti6 inlet manifold on the xu9j4 mi16 engine.

But i saw today that the plastic-cube from the gti6 won´t match anymore, i think so.

Cause there isn´t enough space between manifold and crankbox

np_1B-Motor.jpg

You see, on the left side you will have the probs! Damn, i have to make thoughts how i could mount this plastic cube as well, any ideas??

I have recall what i said in sight of the plastic-cube from the GTI-6 inlet manifold.

I thought it was bigger than it really is, so the manifold matches with mounted cube as well.

It´s quite tight but possible, so you´ll have no probs with the starter or the wiring at all.

Just wanted to tell you that

Hilgie

I took the cube of and welded a alu plate over the hole.

DrSeuss

what is the cube? I've seen them but never worked out its purpose.

Sign in to follow this