• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mi daza

2.0 Turbo

Guest mi daza

right i have just brought a 205 gti off my mate who had a 2.0 turbo converted in it and he said bottom end has gone

but all it was the injector that was clipped in right so its all running mint again

but i am looking to heavy modding the engine to get good power out off it

does anybody have a good ideas cos i want to get as fast as my other pug 205 mi 16

DrSeuss

Run it on mappable management, swap the exhaust manifold to a 205 turbo technics jobbie (from 205turbo on here). Buy a brand spanking GT28RS from american ebay. Map it for about 14psi and fit a monstrous intercooler.

That'll get you about 200hp and a s*itload of torque, will also set you back about 2k.

Just turning the boost up on these engines is a good way to kill them.

Alex G
does anybody have a good ideas cos i want to get as fast as my other pug 205 mi 16

Its not faster already :blush:

Is the Mi standard?

Why not just up the boost to 14psi using a bleed valve, then get a rising rate fuel pressure regulator and get it set up on a rolling road! Then bung in a cosworth 4x4 intercooler and you will probably (guessing )see 180-200bhp

inferno

ive run a cossie 4x4 intercooler on my turbo zx, and its much quicker than my mi16205 ever was as standard, when the actuator works that is...:) putting a new one on tomorow

Guest mi daza

well when this car was first coverted it was realy bad and i mean bad

first the was no intercooler what so ever and half the gauges didnt work

so my mate asked to have a look at it and i laughed at him

so them i put an intercooler on so aleats he had one then

but then it was time to race him and off my top off my head there must have bin about a good 3 to 4 lengths in front off him from side by side to the off the road which was longer than a 1/4 mile

but now i have ended up with the car due the fact that was wrong with the engine but not as bad as he thought it was

but i realy thinking off selling the car

plus might be selling my mi 16 aswell

nelly

What kind of mods whould be needed to run about 180/190 bhp, i'm thinking about this conversion once I've sold my 106 and have a 205..

I've placed a target figure as above of 180/190bhp.. want it to run a "safe" and reliable amount of power and to be fair i dont think it will really need any more.

things i was thinking about needing would be....

intercooler

tt manifold

injecters?

fuel pump?

2 / 2.5" system

Up the boost (good old fordy way :wacko: ) up to about 9 or 10psi

bigger turbo... whats in it standard?

Edited by nelly

mrswampy

forget the turbo route nelly fit an s/c to it!!

tom_m
What kind of mods whould be needed to run about 180/190 bhp, i'm thinking about this conversion once I've sold my 106 and have a 205..

I've placed a target figure as above of 180/190bhp.. want it to run a "safe" and reliable amount of power and to be fair i dont think it will really need any more.

things i was thinking about needing would be....

intercooler

tt manifold

injecters?

fuel pump?

2 / 2.5" system

Up the boost (good old fordy way :wacko: ) up to about 9 or 10psi

bigger turbo... whats in it standard?

remember if you are going to bolt a TT manifold to an XU10J2T lump you are going to need a new turbo because the stock manifold and turbo are a non-standard flange, where as the TT is a standard T25 flange.

Pics of the Standard Turbo & Manifold

And you should find some TT manifold pics here

jacobs53

I know by increasing the boost to peak at 1 bar, and using a FSE power boost valve the most you will obtain is 180bhp. No more due to the exhaust manifold design

cheers lee

nelly

thanks for the replies.. thats given me a good idea of what i'm gonna need.

had a look at T25's on egay and there quite a few kicking about so no problem getting a hold

of one.

just need to get my pennys to gether now :wacko:

Guest andy309goodwood

nelly dont bother getting a t25 from ebay go to atp and you can get a gt28r for 447 quid delivered from the us

if you are going to get one soon let me know as i will be ordering mine in the next week or so

might be able to save on postage

peter
Run it on mappable management, swap the exhaust manifold to a 205 turbo technics jobbie (from 205turbo on here). Buy a brand spanking GT28RS from american ebay. Map it for about 14psi and fit a monstrous intercooler.

That'll get you about 200hp and a s*itload of torque, will also set you back about 2k.

Just wundering is that with standard internals?and is there any way around the emerald sum how use the standard ecu and get it mapped?just a thort

Thanks

Guest andy309goodwood

not really if you want to get the most out of any set up you need to be able to map it accuratly

how ever there is a way round emeralds prices and that going for a mega squirt ecu again from the us this is a mappable ecu for about 150 quid but you have to build it your self or you can pay a little more and get a ready made and tested one

but still cheeper than an emerald

peter

Ah rite that sounds like a good idea i am at uni at the minute studying electronic engineering so that should be a dodle :) ill have a search and see if i can find a website for it or has anyone got a link?

thanks andy

So you dont need forged pistons or anything like that?to run over 200bhp?

macaroni

Is there any tangible evidence of this being true?

I have turned up the boost on mine with no extra fuelling and it has been OK for over a year now. It isn't treated with kid gloves either.

I assumed that the standard Motronic ecu would be able to handle fuelling up to 1bar boost.

jacobs53

I have turned up the boost on mine with no extra fuelling and it has been OK for over a year now. It isn't treated with kid gloves either.

I assumed that the standard Motronic ecu would be able to handle fuelling up to 1bar boost.

it differs from engine to engine..... My friend had his 406 turbo at 1bar for ages without any fueling adjustments and it was fine, but a rolling road showed he was running slightly lean... they installed a power boost valve and he gained 5bhp and the fueling was spot on..

What anyone tells you these engines are rock solid if tuned up properly, be carefull too much boost with adjusting the fueling will cause it to detonate and thats the end of the piston, especially due to the high inlet tempertures...

cheers lee

edit: if you want more power than 180bhp and think that a mappable ecu will release more than your very much mistaken. Manifolds and turbo... Best combination would be a custom exhaust manifold that brings the turbocharger to the side of the engine (like the t16) for easier access, the inlet manifold from the xm 2.0i or 306xsi (rather pick the xm one though as its alloy rather than plastic) and a good matching turbocharger. Even saying that 200bhp is possible with the standard turbocharger but not without different manifolds being used...

Edited by jacobs53

Guest davetibbs

Best bet is a 16v head and a Mi16 turbo manifold :) That's what I'm going to do.

jacobs53

hi dave i sold you the 235mm flywheel.... yes a good option is the 16v head, on the turbo block.... but if its anything like that blue 205 with the t16 engine, than your definitly going to need a boost controller to stop them wheels spinning...

cheers lee

cybernck

map sensor is only able to read 1 bar of boost, but that turbo is no good for any more anyway.

the other main obstacle for more power are really small injectors.

have you ever had your car rolling roaded?

check http://www.dp-engineering.com for (the contents of) 250bhp 2.0T upgrade kit.

macaroni

No I haven't had it rolling roaded. Maybe I should just to confirm that the fuelling is right.

I have also replaced the Cat with a straight through pipe which seems to have helped the top end power a little.

It is much more rapid than standard, so I am guessing at around 180bhp. Can spin the wheels in 2nd in the dry trying to overtake...

I saw that DP engineering upgrade via Activanet - very nice.

macaroni

Just perusing that dp-engineering site. They sell the 332cm injectors separately, claiming they are compatible with the standard ecu and fuel rail.

Without the manifold/turbo upgrade, would these be a worthwhile upgrade with increased boost on a standard turbo?

tom_m

yes more fuel is always a good thing in a turbo engine running higher than standard boost. might be a bit rich off boost without a re-map tho, it'll be chucking in 30% more fuel without knowing it!

Sign in to follow this