• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest donny206

Smt7 Controller

Guest donny206

as anyone had any experience with this controller and if it is a good system to use with an extra injector

Hilgie

It's ideal if you want to turbo a 1.9-8V. Get rid of the restrictive airflowmeter and use extra injectors, or drive your current injectors with it. I have no personal expirience with it though, just from hear say.

Kev-G

This is for a 1.6 16v turbo?

Can you go standalone?

If so plenty of choice with KMS being keenly priced.

If not then you want a piggy-back system for both fuel and ignition.

Where are you going to get it tuned? Have you asked what they would recommend?

Kev-G

Had a search and a quick read.

If you need to stay std. management then it would appear that this would do the trick - I would still check with your local or preferred tuner to see what they recommend. There are a number of similar systems available.

Re: Additional injectors - Do you need them? What is the desired output? Will the std. injectors be able to flow enough? Will a rising rate FPR save the need for an additional injector/s? What about using larger injectors to provide the top end fuelling (as long as they are able to cope @ the bottom end ie. can be opened/shut quick enough)?

Guest donny206

i cant really get rid of my management and go stand alone i have found out and with this i would a running 5X 525cc lucas ijectors with it!

Yer it is for the 16 16v turbo

cybernck

what about MF2?

DrSeuss

how about a piggy back ecu like the greddy e-manage? The jap boys all use them to great effect, plenty of sites that have info on them. HKS etc. all do similar products.

These allow you to add more fuel and retard ignition for a boosted application.

Kev-G

You need to step back and think about what you want to achieve to understand the solution....

This is prob. the reason that many have commented that your turbo is too large for your engine.

If you don't do this then you will just be throwing money away.

Guest donny206
You need to step back and think about what you want to achieve to understand the solution....

This is prob. the reason that many have commented that your turbo is too large for your engine.

If you don't do this then you will just be throwing money away.

Thanx for the info but that turbo has gone i will be using a t25

back to the managemet of a 206 turbo conversion that uses the smt7 and runs well so going along the lines of tried and tested!

Kev-G
back to the managemet of a 206 turbo conversion that uses the smt7 and runs well so going along the lines of tried and tested!

Sorry - In English?

DrSeuss

he's copying someone else.

Kev-G
he's copying someone else.

Thought that - It's not so difficult to type it so that it makes sense.... :)

What's the point in asking questions + then using something because someone else is....

Where is he going to get the car tuned? Do they use SMT7? Is there technical support in this country (I see that it's South African and I found it on a Canadian website)? What is the desired power output and does this need additional injectors? Extra injectors aren't ideal as they aren't directed into the port.... Maybe large injectors mapped properly might be a better idea?

I've no idea what the answer is for him - SMT7 sounds like it will do the job, but it's not the only consideration....

Guest donny206

i am trying to find out the best solution to this as no one in the ecu business has done this on this ecu that i have spoke to apart from dp-engineering that seem to know there stuff!

They have a working car on this ecu which no else i have spoke to has!

I am looking at just over 200bhp and there is a place in cambridge that supply and map these but the car will come with a map to 95% to my ecu as i said they have done thins before so i will only need a quick tune up so less money to spend as well is what i was looking at!

Edited by donny206

d-9

how much does this cost?

Guest donny206

I have been quoted £500 with 5 525cc injectors, map loaded on it, fith injector holder fabricated, and a few little bits i need like bolts etc

d-9

hmm, at that price u could go for a KMS standalone system and save f***ing about with the extra injector.

Guest donny206

but my 206 l4 emissions ecu i have been told is that complex that a guy had is radio stolen and it f***ed his central lockin, lights, windows etc all untill he connected a new radio, i know thats extreme but using my ecu with a piggy back is maybe more reliable??

any where i speak to cant gaurentee there systems will work!

Theres nothing wrong with and extra injector n e way if it does the job

Sign in to follow this