• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest richy4

Chop Top

Guest richy4

Just had a crazy thought what do you guys reckon to lowering the roof by 3-5 inches give it more of a hot rod look? easy or hard to do?

Edited by richy4

Rob Turbo

Would have thought it would be well difficult

You would have to shorten the talegate, doors and all the glass as well, the windscreen wont be TOO hard to do because its laminate so can be cut down but all the other glass is toughened, which cant be cut so you would either have to find another car with the right size glass or go for poly-carb, or for the doors maybe you could just have it so they are wound down a bit all the time (but still close, if you see what I mean?)

Personally I wouldn't even think about doing it but hey, if you think you will like it and have deep pockets, why not?

Rob

bennett418

leave that idea mate, we did an ford pop once had to cut the roof into about 40 pieces, and at the same time did a 4 inch body chop. LOTS of work.

DaveW

eek that sounds silly, do it to a mini.

Paintguy

Lots of work, as said.

As well as dropping the roof, you need to cut it into sections to 'stretch' and widen it, so it meets up with the pillars. You'll need to reshape the c pillar completely, as it's a wedge shape, then remake the tailgate to fit.

Windows will need cutting down, as mentioned, then there's all the rubbers and seals to consider, not to mention the interior trim.

Not impossible, but clearly a great deal of work. The best of luck if you decide to go ahead :P

jochem

The bumps on my head say the roof is low enough allready...

Hilgie

We've looked into this as well and chopping the whole roof was an awfull lot of work and our photoshopped model looked s*ite as well.

Another photoshopped one we made, only had the roof towards the rear chopped (only the front window was left original height) and that just looked awesome. I've seen that done to a Clio as well...have to look for photos, but I remember it was in a magazine about 4 years ago.

Gentrix

Have you ever thougt about a 205 Estate?

With a F Type as Basis

205_F_profil.jpg

205_F_profil2.jpg

Just a very ruff composing

Col

we dont get them here

Gentrix

And here is a Top chop as you stated

used Photoshop-Filter "quick Top-Chop"

Big picture, so just url clicky

and sorry at the owner of this car and picture - for high-jacking.

But it was the nicest pic I have :P

Henry Yorke

The obvious start would be with a 205 CTI , cut down the screen top and the roll bar and manufacture a hard top to fit.

Or just leave it off!!

bodykits_dimma_07.jpg

Hilgie

Something like this?

205sp-ddt3-big.jpg

DaveW

gentrix thats purely wrong a 205 estate :) and why does them arches remind me of a nova :)

pugboyracer

That Clio is gorgeous! I like the idea of the chop top on a 205 in principal, but I'm finding it hard to visualise really.

Gentrix
gentrix thats purely wrong a 205 estate :) and why does them arches remind me of a nova :)

:P don´t know about the nova arches, but they are original Peugeot F style. See the first picture.

And there have been some concepts about a Estate from Pininfarina.

Just think about a 205 Sportsback - slightly longer and flater tail - little top chop and only 3 doors instead of 5.

205_bk_Pinin_AVG1.jpg

205_bk_Pinin_AVG2.jpg

205_bk_Pinin_ARG.jpg

205_bk_Contreau_2.jpg

DaveW

Nova.jpg

do you not think so? :) as for them 205s :)

hoody_g

:) The 205 estate has burberry interior the chavs would love that over hear :)

Hoody

Guest richy4

sorry but those estates are just nasty.

the clio tho looks great, but hasn't the front window been chopped too?

Hilgie

yes, but not as much as the rear...I think they tilted the front window backwards as well

Gavin Waddell

the clios windowsare all made from plexiglass, and i think there all bonded on as well.

its is anothe sbarro creation :D and as the school is closing i think it will be up for sale :D needs a lot of work as its is the master for the moulds

Henry Yorke

I always like the Ruggari arches on a 205. They look good on a CTI. I wish I had bid on that set on ebay now :D

christopher

Are you mad :D

I have to open the sunroof cover on my dads Gti to stop it messing with my spiky hair :D

cybernck
I always like the Ruggari arches on a 205. They look good on a CTI. I wish I had bid on that set on ebay now :D

lol, me too :D.

Sign in to follow this