• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest donny206

Wiring And Emerald Ecu

DrSeuss

What i'm curious about is what stops you remapping the standard ecu donny, it should be possible, i'd ring Wayne (chipwizards) for a price or advice on it, he's more likely then all of us to know the crack and is a very friendly chap. And extremely good at mapping!

veloce200

£150 sounds a real bargain. It's a £400 job anywhere else. Best solution which won't harm anything and will prove it works:

-Make a bracket and add a new sensor and trigger wheel to the crank pulley.

-find TDC with a dial gauge

- Unplug the injectors and fit new plugs to new wire and then wire the injectors to the Emerald (batched or all together for a simple life)

- Tap into the coolant temperature sensor

- Tricky bit is ignition side you could use existing coilpack but the problem here is with the existing plug connected it may not fire at the right time or with it disconnected may result in an error

It's definitely a case of fooling the existing ECU or replacing engine control entirely with the Emerald eg fuel pump relay, spark, sensors the whole lot but then you have no immobiliser - insurance?

I think the best way to approach it is start seeing how the car behaves when you remove sensors or plugs or injectors etc

charlie_sav

sorry wrong thread !!!

Edited by charlie_sav

Guest donny206

i have spoke to that guy and he is not sure if the origional ecu can be mapped! He would have to test it!

Rob_the_Sparky
i used to work for a company making diagnostic software for top end cars and pugrallye is right. The new s-class has 10 separate can networks along with optical fibre to run the 'entertainment gateway'. These systems are common across all new cars and hugely complex.

My God, that is stupid CAN bus was meant to reduce the amout of wiring in cars! I feel sorry for you guys that have to work on such cars, and I thought our satellites were complex!!!!!

Sign in to follow this