• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kenballs

Mi16 Clutch

Kenballs

I tried to order an mi16 clutch kit from Peugeot because I'm doing a conversion at the moment but they say they need the chasis number of the mi, which I don't have because I only have the engine. They also say there's two different types of release bearing.

The engine is the earlier alloy block type and I'm using my own 1.9 8v gearbox, does anyone know exactly what part no.s I require so I can get it ordered, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ken.

Kenballs

Turns out I still don't have permission to e-mail other members, grrr..

Maybe he'll see this and give me a shout.

Bonzai

you should be able to pick up a general Mi16 clutch from a local motor factors. just say what car its from, i.e the year of the 405 the engine came from...

mine cost £60something

Ahl
Turns out I still don't have permission to e-mail other members, grrr..

Maybe he'll see this and give me a shout.

You should be able to use the Private Messenger Ken.

Kenballs
You should be able to use the Private Messenger Ken.

Didn't know I could do that but cheers Ahl, I'll give it a try later.

Ken.

whizzer71

Depends on the year of your 205,upto 88/89 be1 gearbox early type,be3 89> later type,GSF do clutch kits mail order at a very reasonable price,or alternativley you local motor factor,go for a Valeo or Luk clutch,valeo being oe,luk being nxt best thing.

Good Luck

Tristan.

:D

Miles

Well as your using the old 1.9 box you will need the Mi clucth (215mm) as this fit's onto the flywheel and if your car uses the older BE1 (lift reverse) box you'll need the early release bearing to suit the clutch arm

littlemike

I've got a nearly new Luk Mi16 clutch that came out of a Be1 gearbox. If I get a Be3 release bearing will I be able to use it in a Be3 gearbox or is either the pressure plate or friction plate slightly different between be1's and be3's?

Sign in to follow this