• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ecksstore

Washer Bottle

ecksstore

My air filter sits right in the way of my washer bottle on my MI converted 205 and hence I pulled it off to make room.

Where has other people put their washer bottles or can it all fit together with some crafty mods?

Jonmurgie

I totalyl binned mine... haven't had washer jets for obout 18 months now! Not great if it's a road car mind...

16v205

On my old mi the washer bottle was a tight squeeze to fit back in place with a green air filter, but it did fit back in place again.

If its any use, my brothers old fiat uno had a bag for a washer bottle. That could be fitted anywhere really. And will be nice and cheap from a scrapy.

Rich

bennett418

mine came with this sort of half sorted, there is a washer bottle from another motor, very very thin and fits next to battery, no mouting made for it tho just flaps about, one of the many jobs i need to do.

actually now i think about it its the bottle from the rear wiper! now i no why it dont work :rolleyes:

think il get another one from the breakers tho cos it fits nice.

Ryan

You could always run some pipe to the rear washer bottle. Either junk the rear washer and connect it to the front jets instead, or tee into the hose somehow.

ecksstore

Yeah I did consider that option.

jackherer

if you dont have a factory sunroof you can put the factory washer bottle under the scuttle panel where the sunroof vacuum box is positioned.

also, is your Mi16 from a 405 or BX? the BX induction hose is longer, so you may be able to make it all fit with a 405 hose if thats not what you are using already.

I totalyl binned mine... haven't had washer jets for obout 18 months now! Not great if it's a road car mind...

do you trailer your car to tracks then? I was sure you drove it on the road, but obviously not with no MOT :rolleyes:

ecksstore

I have tried using both types of hose to no avail

I have the sunroof so no space there

I was thinking about fitting a smaller bottle beside the cooling system header tank, it would also cut down on freezing botles in the winter with it being just a wee bit above the exhaust manifold

bennett418

good thinking, that seems like the best idea to me, think il put the rear bottle back wear it belongs and go for a hunt in the breakers.

hhhmmmm the list of bits is growing

Banjo

Or you can flip it round and put it where the jack goes, fits lovely.

Ben

ecksstore

Aye that pic is just what I was thinking of

Now the only thing is to find a suitable bottle

Have you any pics of that Banjo?

Im not sure how it will fit

Alan_M

Or you can get a smaller top-hat for the AFM.

I got my Apprentice to knock one up ages ago for my 8v, and it fits a treat with the 405 inlet hose.

I think you can buy them too :D

cybernck

you can use the rear washer bottle strapped to a strut brace too :D.

engine killer

i have disabled the rear jet and put a long thin flexi hose under the carpet to connect to the rear bottle. the little water pump is strong enough to pressure the water to the front. only a little re-wiring and hose locating are needed.

mak

As banjo says it fits perfectly on the opposite side of the car

ecksstore

A couple of pics of it on the other side of the car would be great if anyone has them

Martin@PRD
I used a mk1 Micra one on mine, I just put some big self tappers through the bulkhead.

It gives nice warm water in winter with it being over the exhaust manifold.

http://uk.geocities.com/nickmi16@btinterne...05_163130aa.jpg

Here's the picture for it.

Nick

Nick your airfilter looks like basel brush's tail sticking out of afm. ha ha ha boom boom!!!!

sorry.

nick

It's amazing what you can knock up when you're desperate....and tight...!!

It's just the 8v element cut and glued.

Nick

Martin@PRD

and i bet it flows alright too, makes me wonder why poeple put these small k+n on might as well cover airbox in reflective heat sheld as the element is big enough and has it own fresh direct air supply

Guest akroblade954

Keep it OE looking LIKE THIS unless you need to flow more air due to other mods......

bennett418

photo01096yg.jpg

did mine today, got another rear bottle and motor, had to re route few hoses but as its very thin does not stick out much and still gives good capacity.

kenan
Worked for me this way

wrap the jack in something soft and store it in the spare-wheel.

How did you mount the bottle i.e what fittings did you use to keep it in place?? Alsi is the wiring a problem or did it reach :lol:

M@tt

i did exatly the same as theo the other week with mine.

Unlike theo i didn't built a strap instead i drilled out the the rivet holding the metal strap that is usually attached to the suspension strut and then fitted a bolt through it with a large washer and a nut through the hole in the inner wing where the clip usually is that holds the wheel nut undoer thingy (brace?) in the drivers wing. This held it very securely.

With regards to the wiring you will need to extend it. i choppped through the two wires and ran 2 extension wires from where i cut them down underneath the radiator utilsing the trunking that is already there for the drivers side light loom. Looks almost factory fitted :lol:

HPIM0925Medium.jpg

Edited by M@tt

Sign in to follow this