• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sam

Braided Brake Lines

smckeown

i'll probably be finishing gav's all braided brake lines tomorrow so i will upload some pics. There's a lot less hassle fitting all braided and in 10 years time will be in better shape too

Col
I've never heard of anyone using braided hoses from MC to Caliper..

youve never heard of me then :lol:

Sam

Ordered them today, 110cm one side, 125cm the other. Long because of the union position on the Brembo calipers.

Edit: I bought them from Rally Design for the minimal sum of £31 delivered, hardly seems worth faffing around with copper pipe for that money.

Edited by Sam

jonnie205

There are many different schools of thought on this one. In rallying it is done for duranbilty and ease of fittment. All the super 1600 rally cars have braided throughout as do the super 206 cup challenge cars and all the cars built at ford rallyesport and peugeot sport. I dont think pedal feel would be noticable with either setup but if you are using copper i would make both front flexi lines equal lenght and both rears equal length. Yes copper lines are made with either a convex or concave end depending on fitting

Sign in to follow this