• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

Price For Mi16 Coolant Bypass Hose?

Ryan

I need to get a replacement for the S-shaped hose that goes from the back of the thermostat housing to the metal pipe that runs along the rear of the head on the mi16.

Mine has expanded at one end and doesn't seal properly unless you do the hose clamp up so tight that it's virtually slicing the hose in two!

This one:

dsc002859sw.th.jpg

Does anyone know the price from peuegot?

petert
I need to get a replacement for the S-shaped hose that goes from the back of the thermostat housing to the metal pipe that runs along the rear of the head on the mi16.

Mine has expanded at one end and doesn't seal properly unless you do the hose clamp up so tight that it's virtually slicing the hose in two!

This one:

dsc002859sw.th.jpg

Does anyone know the price from peuegot?

approx. AUS$75

Ryan
approx. AUS$75

Thats about £33 then! :(

Won't be buying one of those!

C_W

Just connect you heater hose direct to that one.

Miles

I don;t think Pug do them anymore, And they do have a habbit of doing that whcih is one of the reasons I never use it, Just tig the Ally stat housing up and run the heater hose from the side as the 8v does,

That system only works if you have the 16v stat in anyway which most engines don;t have,

I should have a hose kicking around of a Tig'd up housing if needed

Dream Weaver

Thats interesting Miles, so can I also ditch my coolant bypass pipe as well? They are only for getting the heater warmed up quicker anyway as far as I remember.

So does that stat pipe just run to one of the 2 heater matrix pipes on the bulkhead then? And what about on the multi union on the block where the bypass connects?

Finally, which bit needs tigging/blocking?

Edited by Dream Weaver

C_W

You can use either exit off the side of the head to connect to the heater hose on the bulkhead; I've used the one furthest the back (the one pictured above) as it seems to fit better and blocked the side exit off the head using a stop that came on the BX 16v engine.

You'll have to block off one of the exits on the distrubiton block at the back of the block but I've used a metal 1.9 8v one which had one less out put I think.

Dream Weaver

Not sure what you mean either exit. I have that metal pipe coming from the t-stat which should go down to the dist block. So does that pipe from the t-stat (shown above) just run straight to the bulkhead?

C_W

That's how I'd got mine. But you also how a water oultet pointing out of the side of the head nearer to the thermostat which is what I've blocked off.

Ryan

I've got the 16v thermostat if that makes any difference.

I'm having the metal pipe going from the rear of the stat housing to the distribution block. One pipe for the heater matrix goes to the side of the stat housing (the one some people block off), and the other goes to the distribution block. The final outlet on the distribution block will go to the bottom of the expansion tank.

I've got plenty of bits of hose left, so I'll have to bodge something to repair the hose.

Miles

Just use the normal 8v water dist pipe at the bottom of the engine and the heater hose comes off the side, A P2 heater hose is a direct fit, On the stat housing just cut the long metal pipe off and 'Tig' a patch over it, I'm a great beliver that the less hoses and bungs/blanks you have the less chance there is of something spliting

Guest SeanT

My dist hose has given in and Ive found this post, just want to confirm before I go and order one, you suggest a P2 heater hose is a direct fit.....Is that a 205 p2 heater hose??..and are these still available from peugeot?

Just use the normal 8v water dist pipe at the bottom of the engine and the heater hose comes off the side, A P2 heater hose is a direct fit, On the stat housing just cut the long metal pipe off and 'Tig' a patch over it, I'm a great beliver that the less hoses and bungs/blanks you have the less chance there is of something spliting

jonnie205

as mile says a phase 2 hose is a direct fit to the side outlet of stat so you can cut metal pipe off and tig that. A phase 1 hose is a direct fit to the metal pipe that goes to the stat, in whcih case you can blank off the side outlet. It makes no odds which oulet you use or blank off.

Phil H

The hose you need in your picture is no longer available from Peugeot or Citreon...you will have to ring round some dealers, like I had to last week, found one in Newcastle and was £6.50, sent them up a tenner and a jiffy bag and Bob was my Lobster two days later.

Ryan

You need to find a more helpful dealer!

The parts guy at mine got one brought down from another dealer up north, gave me a ring when it arrived, and I just had to pick it up.

Phil H
You need to find a more helpful dealer!

The parts guy at mine got one brought down from another dealer up north, gave me a ring when it arrived, and I just had to pick it up.

He did offer that service, but no other dealers in the chain are near me, so had no option really.

Guest SeanT

Cheers Phil, this is fast becoming a right pain, been off the road for 2 days and no closer to gettting it solved really....Ive just spoke to the local dealer again and he is going to post it on the internal bulletein board but he said its not viewed everyday and wont necessarily come up trumps....Ill have to maybe ring round like you did!...

If anyone else has any ideas or a pipe would appreciate the help...

Sean

He did offer that service, but no other dealers in the chain are near me, so had no option really.

Sign in to follow this