• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Banjo

Clutch Bolts

Banjo

Are the bolts that hold the clutch on different on the 16v compared to the 8v?

If they are how much are they from pug or does somebody have some spare, just tried the 1.9 8v bolts and there too big.. :) Need some today

Ben

Jonmurgie

I think you have to buy them in a bag of 10 from Pug and it was around £12 or £14 for them... I have some brand new ones in my garage that if you totlaly stuck you can pick up tonight if you wanted...

Banjo

Dont spose you've got the part number for em have you Jon or anyone?

If i cant get hold of any i will deff take you up on that ta mate.

Ben

Jonmurgie

Not on me mate sorry... but they are unlikely to have them in stock, I got mine from the Gloucester dealer and they came next day or so...

Banjo

If its ok i'll give you a bell later and we'll sort it out.

Cheers, Ben

Jonmurgie

Sure... I have the receipt at home ;) I'll be about until around 8.45 tonight ;)

Alex G

part number is (i think)

P0000691398 24J0603 SCREW £4.78 each

They came with new spring washer-but diddnt fit correctly! (but i assumed that was cos i had a sachs clutch?

niklas

6993 87 SCREW BAG 8X1,25-20

6962 66 SPRING WASHER 8X18-1,4

Sounds like 6913 98 is the part number for what you've bought Alex.

But it's not on the parts cd's ;)

Edited by niklas

Alex G

yeah i had a feeling it was wrong, after giving him my chassis number and all<

Oh well its on the car now!!!

pug_ham

lol, I had this exact same problem Thursday when I fitted the Mi flywheel & clutch to my 8v. I had no bolts for the clutch cover & figured I'd use the ones from the 8v.

When they didn't fit I rang Miles to ask what size they were. They are 21mm long with an M7 thread, exactly the same as sump bolts from an 8v. Thankfully my cellar came to the rescue as I had some of these from an old engine I'd stripped.

My day did a full 360 in the space of an hour. The gearbox came off really well, about 20mins & it was out. The it went bad because the clutch cover bolts were different but then all was good again when I found the sump bolts.

All back together again now & awaiting driveshafst etc re-fitted & oil putting in so the start up is getting closer. Hopefully next week.

Graham.

Wiggs
part number is (i think)

P0000691398 24J0603 SCREW £4.78 each

They came with new spring washer-but diddnt fit correctly! (but i assumed that was cos i had a sachs clutch?

That works out at over £30 for some bolts... Stupid price! My dealer was going to charge me that, but I said I'll go to B&Q as I knew the thread and size. They sold me a set for £5.99 in the end though. :D

sonofsam

Just thought i would bring this up again,as i indeed was in a similar position an hour ago

changing the turbo flywheel and clutch over to an MI16 one.

Just ordered 25 m7 x 20mm bolts from Ecas2cvparts?

may be usefull in future searches :) Thats if you did'nt want to go to Pug of course.

It says that they are high tensile for steering applications,so should do the job nicely.

Sam.

Alex G

wish i had known that!!!

i couldnt find M7 bolts anywhere!!!

pug_ham
wish i had known that!!!

i couldnt find M7 bolts anywhere!!!

They are 21mm long with an M7 thread, exactly the same as sump bolts from an 8v.

They need cutting down from a 1.9 but 1.6 sump bolts are ideal.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this