• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ablister

405 T16 Info

ablister

i was raking through all the technical folders at my work and i came across 405 4 wheel drive info. As well as the mi 4x4, it also covers the t16 including all the engines that were in the 4x4 cars.

I was reading it for ages and was interesting. All about rebuilding the t16, changing timing belt, coolant ways etc

Also found all the special tools to fix the engines and obviously had all never been used.

Another book showed the magnetti marrelli management wiring diagrams for the car, it really is a complictaed car!

anyway, could 'borrow' the book from work if anyone would be interested in a copy of it onto a cd or that

the only person i know of on here that has a t16 is cybernck, may be of use to you?

ali

DrSeuss

i'd be interested. I'm thinking of turning my s16 into an s16 on t/b's at some point. With an angry snail of course.

Edited by DrSeuss

ablister

i found the xu10j4 engine overhaul book too, maybe that would be better than the t16 book to you?

petert

I'd like a copy of the xu10j4 book on CD.

DrSeuss

the xu10 overhaul book would be great.

ablister

ok, i'll get copies of the xu10j4 overhaul book made. It'll prob take a couple of weeks to do to get them copied and sent out etc.

DrSeuss, if you're going to french car show, i can give it to you then if you can wait that long

DrSeuss

Don't think i'm going to any shows this year. Too poor and exams coming up mean its not going to happen. But i can wait for the cd.

Ahl

Ali, that xu9 mi16 overhaul cd you made for me was very kind, though I think you could send it as a largeish email if you saved all the images as jpegs instead of bmps.

Maybe a plan?

ablister

i'm not that good with computers and have no idea how to do that, i just saved them to the computer then transferred them from there to a cd before

ablister

right, i think i've figured out how to do this jpg stuff.

I managed to get the ES9J4 overhaul stuff from 811mb to 184 kb so could send the manuals as a large email. Would think that'll be better than sending cds, especially to petert as he lives in sydney

i'll get the XU10J4 manual tomorrow and get it into computer during the week and try sending it through msn or something

ali

Edited by ablister

cybernck

kutija has got a T16 too and we'd both love to have that manual on a CD!

other manuals would be great as well.

let me know.

thanks.

ablister

right, i got the books today, the 405 "special features: four wheel drive" book and the 405 "XU10J4 engine" book.

The XU10J4 book isn't the engine overhaul book, it's the other book that covers the basics of the engine eg changing a timing belt, cylinder head etc, it's only 28 pages.

4x4 one is 158 pages!, didn't realise it was as big but will try get them done for the weekend.

ali

Anthony

If you like, you can send the files to me and I'll host them up for download like I did the 1.9 Mi16 rebuild/workshop manual :D

Mandic

How that would be great!

eddie_1.9

Are you still hoasting the engine ovehaul files anthony? Is anyone?

I've just got a S16 that needs the head overhauling so any info people have would be great :angry:

ablister

i had a lot of it scanned into my computer but then it broke so have lost it all. I have a different computer just now. It was a lot of pages (about 180 iirc) and have yet to do it all again as it took ages to do.

I still have the books at home and will scan in the cylinder head bit in again

justinv

i would be much interested if you would send me the info you have email on justin.vella@onvol.net

• Like 1

ablister
SPetrie

Ali,

If you get a chance the Mi16 book would be great,

Stu

Baz

I'd also very much like this info., particularly on the engines and 4x4.

felix2566

I second BazGTMi, especially the 4x4 parts, collecting my 4x4 running gear this weekend for the 309 :)

ablister

stu, i copied the mi16 book but was also on my last computer so have lost it. I had burned it on cd for a few people though, pretty sure i didn't copy one for myself but will have a look.

The 4x4 stuff is pretty big and tbh, won't have much time to copy it again. If there's anything in particular you are needing to know about the 4x4 set up, i'll try my best to get it scanned

felix2566

would it be possible to have some info on the rear wheel bearings and hubs, plz!

Sign in to follow this