• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smckeown

Inlet Manifold Studs/bolts

smckeown

some bright spark(s) on here will know another place other than the dealers to get new ones from.........

jim205GTI

damn looked at this link thinkin i know the answer when bang it says don't mention the dealers! thats where i got mine from!! cheap and good quality though :wacko:

Jonmurgie

Yeah, I just didn't bother looking elsewhere and went direct to the dealers.... did you try a dealer and ge a quote?

smckeown

i assumed they would be expensive from the dealers, no worries i'll get some from there

pacey205

Got mine from a local bolts supplier, cost me about 60p for the lot. I just took in the old ones and asked them to find some the same.

Michael

Alan_M

They are'nt very expensive. The dealers sell in bags of 5, so you'll 2.

Another option is to use normal bolts, like someone did on here (MattSav maybe?).

James_m

Anyone know how many studs's there is? my dealer reckons they can be ordered individually, and its not really clear on the parts cd...

Cheers James.

Grim.Badger
Anyone know how many studs's there is? my dealer reckons they can be ordered individually, and its not really clear on the parts cd...

Cheers James.

There's 8 studs on the 8v manfold. Dealers get them in packs of 5. My dealer can only get 20 in at a time and the boss wanted to charge me for all 20, but the lad who worked there just ignores him and sells me as many as I want :)

Get more nuts than you need though because they're cheap and can only be used once (made of copper so they distort when tightend).

smckeown
Get more nuts than you need though because they're cheap and can only be used once (made of copper so they distort when tightend).

that's exhaust nuts and not inlet right ?

Grim.Badger
that's exhaust nuts and not inlet right ?

Sorry, I assumed you meant exhaust :)

Still eight on the inlet isn't it?

James_m

Sorry, should have been more specific, i was talking mi16 inlet manifold bolts/studs :blink:

Edited by James_m

pacey205

On my Mi there was just a random couple of studs with the rest just being bolts, not sure how many there is supposed to be (thats the inlet Im talking about)

HTH

Michael

Sign in to follow this