• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
maxi

Gti6 Management Wiring Diagram

maxi

Couldnt find anything 100% through the search.

I have just bought a complete GTi6 engine and management for a new project im building myself. Its all quite new exciting territory for me.

Anyway, some numptey bollocks has cut the ECU plug off the bloody loom before I could get down to the car and remove everything. I therefore, need a wiring diagram for the GTi6 management to repair the damadge.

Any input is very welcome guys as this is the first GTi6 conversion I have done, should be running over xmas as long as I can source a shell and the diagram.

Cheers,

Maxi

GoodwoodNSM
Couldnt find anything 100% through the search.

I have just bought a complete GTi6 engine and management for a new project im building myself.  Its all quite new exciting territory for me.

Anyway, some numptey bollocks has cut the ECU plug off the bloody loom before I could get down to the car and remove everything.  I therefore, need a wiring diagram for the GTi6 management to repair the damadge.

Any input is very welcome guys as this is the first GTi6 conversion I have done, should be running over xmas as long as I can source a shell and the diagram. 

Cheers,

Maxi

Maxi

I don't know if this is any help I have the Gti-6 engine in my 309.

I could meet you some where so you can have a look at the loom and the plug in question the only thing is I won't be able to do it untill next week. I don't know if that's any use to you let me know.

Neil

jochem

I have the diagrams you need. Have the gti6 in my 205.

Whats your email account?

credowan

This car will be a beast mate :(

Hope you dont mind me posting ur email address Adam

maxi16v@hotmail.com

Send the info there mate

Gary

doughboy

Maxi,

I've got loads of stuff on it too if you need any info..

The Haynes manual will actually help too. Although it doesn't cover the gti-6, it does have the mm1ap10 wiring diagram in the back.

I'll try and scan it in a bit and mail it to you.

I've got a little info on the ecu immobiliser control box too if you're not using an unlocked ecu.

Edited by doughboy

maxi

Thankyou so much guys!!!

Right, this ECU immobiliser control box dosent sound good, where are these positioned as I dont have this! :(

The car didnt have a keypad immobiliser...........

As i say, this first one will be trial and error, I will get it down to a 't' though and start doing as many as I can, the mi's are running out at an alarming rate....

Maxi

doughboy

Sending the ecu diagram now.

If it didn't have a keypad immobiliser then it should require a coded transponder key.

This requires an immobiliser control box and an antenna ring which goes round the ignition barrel.(and the associated wiring.)

You may wish to take the ecu somewhere to get unlocked though.

From what I've found I think you should only need to splice 5 wires into the 205. 2 to 5A fuse, 1 to ground, 1 "may" be able to be left alone, and 1 to the courtesy light switch :( (don't ask why, that's just where it goes).

Do you know the key code for your ecu??

Thankfully mine came with history & original documentation so I "should" be able to get a progged key made up.

Cheers

maxi

Loads of history with the engine so I should be able to find it.

I wont piss about with all this ring remote around the ignition switch. Car was missing most of the dash and was in a right mess. Got what was left in one piece. Where can I get the ECU unlocked?

Also, the two plugs at the bottom of the inner wing/front panel on the N/S, what do they do? Im guessing they run back into the car for dials etc. They were f***ed in the collision.

Maxi

doughboy

Dunno about the ecu, I emailed Hiflow yesterday but he doesn't have anything right now.

I'd try a remapper.

Are the plugs on the engine loom?? Got a pic or wire number??

maxi

They do route into the engine loom cowling but Im convinced they are like a sensors loom....

The engine loom seems quite self contained like a BX 16v one.

I really havent had a good look through yet, just wanted to get the diagrams and then go through it. I like to fully understand things, I feel it makes for better results.

Thanks for all the help!

Maxi

doughboy

You're right, I think the loom is quite self contained(never seen a bx loom though).

Here's a diagram I knocked up of the loom.

If you can read my scrawls, it may aid in getting the layout straight in your head. If not, then bin it :(

It should be pretty much correct, maybe got oil temp/press round the wrong way, but will find out when I start her up.

Sam

www.chipwizards.co.uk might be able to unlock it :(

jochem

I have some peugeot documentation on the gti6 lump.

Shall get to some scanning this week. Not sure if it can compete with Doughboy's handwriting though ;-)

maxi

Doughboy, I cant get your link to work........

Thanks again for all the help lads, its much appreciated.

Maxi

doughboy
Doughboy, I cant get your link to work........

Works for me :(

I'll mail it.

littlemike

I've just searched through almost 20 pages of gti6 related threads to find this one!

I'm about to start a gti6 engine conversion myself. I have the whole P2 306 donor car with the chip-in-key immobiliser sat on the drive so having all of the bits needed is not a problem.

Do any of you that have already done this conversion have any wiring diagrams regarding the conversion? Especially of the immobiliser and on board diagnostic socket wiring. I have a diagram off Autodata, but that only shows 2or3 wires going from the ecu to the obd socket, but when you look the socket under the dash has lots more wires than that!

I've found the 4 wires around the ignition barrel and I've found the immibiliser box which has 12 wires going into it. I know 4 of these wires go to the ignition barrel and another 3 go to the ecu, but that leaves 5 that I'm not sure about :D

Thanks.

doughboy

control box connects to

1 5A fuse

2 N/A

3 5A fuse

4 courtesy light switch

5 N/A

6 N/A

7 N/A

8 306 multiplug 2 pin 8

9 306 multiplug 2 pin 9

10 306 multiplug 2 pin 10

11 transponder antenna

12 N/A

13 306 diagnostic port pin 12

14 transponder antenna

15 transponder antenna

16 earth

17 N/A

18 transponder antenna

The above is what I found when going through a whole 306 wiring loom. I never did get it work though:((probably means I've made an error somewhere) I got the ecu unlocked instead.

One day I may give it another try.

Sign in to follow this