• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Silky

Will 7" Wide Wheels Go On Standard 1.9 ?

Silky

As the title says really.....15x7 will they go on fine ?

C_W

Yes. Of course, they must be the right peugeot offset. Many aftermarket 15" wheels are 7" wide (TSWs, Momo etc)

phatgti

i have some compomotive TH's which are 15x8, they have an offset of 0, how on earth do i get these on without messing the handling up and also does any company do flared arch extensions?

this is for a racecar by the way so road use is not applicable.

Silky
Yes. Of course, they must be the right peugeot offset. Many aftermarket 15" wheels are 7" wide (TSWs, Momo etc)

ET15......think thats about right for a 205

C_W

ET15 will be fine, I know my old 7" TSW Stealths were that. My 7" Fondmetal wheels are ET11 and fit fine too.

I think with an 8" rim and 0 offset then the you will have the rim sticking out quite a bit from the front arch; the back might actually be flush or sticking out very slightly.

Silky

I take it its ok to go low using these wheels then, not massive 60mm drop or anything, just a normal 30mm. Rubbing shouldn't be a problem should it

DJ_ManuR6

I have 15x7 speedline corse gold wheels and its ok.

they are ET15 or 16, I can remember correctly.

It does not need any spacer ring or anything like that

Cheers

phatgti

they came off a 205 racecar and he swears blind that he ran standard arches, ive put them on with no tyres and they must stick out by a good inch.

Dimma arches perhaps.

Batfink

wayne was your car a 1.9 or 1.6 originaly?

tom_m

my old 16s were 7.5in and they fitted perfectly. both front and back lined up with the arches perfectly, not sure what the offset was though.

i've got a set of ford 16s and a 20mm spacer, but not tried fitting them yet but they are 7.5 too and i'm hoping they will line up the same :ph34r:

Edited by tom_m

phatgti

1.9, i believe his racecar was a 1.6 originally but it ran spacers to take it out to 1.9 track width - still ran standard arches he reckons.

pacey205

But the 1.6 has a wider front track then the 1.9 as standard anyway :S

Michael

phatgti

well he has spacers on the rear not the front :D

Guest Michael MRK

that's weird, cos i got a 15x7 rims, but on ta 205 GR, added a 16mm spacers, and it didn't work out, and after some calculations, i discovered that i need like 35mm spacer to be put inorder to fit in, here is the rim picture

290520060037nd.jpg

Henry Yorke

My skip is running 7x15 wheels with an offset of 25, so I run a 10mm spacer at the back but none on the front. It has 1.6 hubs at the front and a 1.9 beam. I expect to need the spacers for the front when I switch to 1.9 hubs at the front

Sam
i have some compomotive TH's which are 15x8, they have an offset of 0, how on earth do i get these on without messing the handling up and also does any company do flared arch extensions?

this is for a racecar by the way so road use is not applicable.

Fancy a swap for some 16x8" TH's ? :lol:

Batfink

look at the date it was posted :lol:

Sam

Bugger :lol:

Baz

I run 15x7s on one of my 1.6s, have done for years without spacers, no problems, couldn't tell you straight off what offset they are though.

matty_gti

Ive got 7-17" chrome on my 1.6, they have a huge offest of 38, which i have 10mm spacers at the frot and 23-4mm on the back, but there now up 4 sale.

Sign in to follow this