• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
findlay

Oil Pressure Solutions Mi16

nick

I've just got back from Martins and the windage tray looks easy to fit (i'll take some photo's when it's done) it's a GTI-6 sump and windage tray from ebay.

We were discussing the advantages/disadvantages of the spray bars and Martin seems to think they are for lubricating the little ends. Because the rods are piston located they need the mist from the bars to help get the oil past the tight clearance of the piston and rod.

If it wasn't my day to day car, as opposed to a weekend toy, I would gladly take the bars out to to see what happens, but it is, so I'm not going to risk it I'm afraid.

Nick

Edited by nick

Turbo7379

Has anybody tried increasing the sump capacity by extending it horizontally ? There's enough room to make a larger sump , especially behind the engine . It also means that you wouldn't need to extend the pickup or worry about ground clearance .

crf450
Is the windage tray the S16 one I had from ages ago? be interested to see if it works. How easy are the spray bars to take out? just thinking of its an easily reversible modification to leave them out for a test!

It's not yours but it's the same.

Sign in to follow this