• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chriswhiteuk

Favourite Tyre

Simmy

i'm runnin Avon's atm... s*itE

they're INCREDIBLE for doing the shopping.... i mean they just never wear down!! but push it hard into a corner and erm.... yeah..... not a good idea!

RichF

Yokohama A539s all round, but only because they came with the car, I'll be changing to Toyos when these wear a bit more.

The Yokos seem pretty good in the dry but in the wet they're atrocious !

feb

I have Michelin Exaltos 2 at the front and Yokos at the back.

Very satisfied with the Exaltos, haven't tried the F1s though.

I don't trust the Yokos.May be good in the dry but in the wet are scary.

May change the backs for GSD3 soon

Jonmurgie

Blimey, topic brought back from the dead... so own up, who just voted?!

boombang

BF Goodrich Profiler G's

Butler

Who voted for P5000 dragos? They are shockingly bad in the wet compared to Proxies and F1's.

jonD6B

Pirelli P Zero isometric every time.

Daxed

Damn, i just paid £200 fitted for a set of 45 aspect Falcans, are they crap?

batoutofhell

Got Eagle f1's fitted now, thanks to Anthony who i bought a set of alloys of with already 2 fitted on them so put another 2 on the other rims. Very pleased with them, wet and dry superb handling. Had Yoko's b4, good tyre in the dry but a bit scary in the wet.

PumaRacing

Michelin Pilot Primacy's on my Focus and I can't fault them wet or dry. Mind you the Focus would go round corners at 1g on bare alloy rims so it's hard to judge the tyres. If there are road tyres that give even more grip than the Primacy's I shudder to think how it would corner because it tests the limits of my driving ability as it is. It's quicker round corners in the wet than anything else I've owned before was in the dry. Just once I'd love to try it on a set of slicks generating 1.3g to see what that feels like. My neck would probably break though and then I'd crash.

Rippthrough
Michelin Pilot Primacy's on my Focus and I can't fault them wet or dry. Mind you the Focus would go round corners at 1g on bare alloy rims so it's hard to judge the tyres. If there are road tyres that give even more grip than the Primacy's I shudder to think how it would corner because it tests the limits of my driving ability as it is. It's quicker round corners in the wet than anything else I've owned before was in the dry. Just once I'd love to try it on a set of slicks generating 1.3g to see what that feels like. My neck would probably break though and then I'd crash.

We had those on the 306 and I didn't really rate them. Sort of the top-end of mid range.

Gripped well laterally, but were wern't as good longitudinally (traction + braking) and the feedback was almost non-existant.

Edited by Rippthrough

Alastairh

I've got Yokos A539 on my 205,and there ok in the dry, but weta bit crap as said nearly 2 years ago.

Deffinatly going to get some eagles as i was impresed with them on the 106.

dee205

What profile is everyone on 15" Speedlines running? F1's are £38 for 195-50-15 and £55 for 195-45-15

Is there any difference in performance? The 50 profile has just under 20mm more side so to speak.

Damien

Alastairh

195 50 15s are most popular, and work fine

Sign in to follow this