• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Monkey

Mi16 Rear Quarter Badges

Monkey

I want some rear quarter badges with mi16 or 16 valve on... do they exist and where would I find them?

Anthony

I've certainly never seen any badges like that, and obviously they were never made by Peugeot themselves (as there was never officially a 205 Mi16). You could possibly make some yourself if you've a very steady hand, or you can get blank ones like fitted to certain models.

Or just keep the 1.6 badges for that sleeper look ;)

Monkey

yea the 1.6 badges are cool, with the sleeper thing, just annoying that peope see it parked, and think its a 1.6. Went into the garage today, looks like needing lots of work, poor wallet ;) Yea could get some red stickers made, take them ff the backing, apply the backing to some blank badges, then spray mi16 on there in red... hmm

Ahl

I hope it works for you.

I wouldn't like to have the wrong badges either, but don't want people to know its an mi16, so I've got blank badges for a bit of 'mystique' ;)

Col

any graphics place should be able to do them.

Edd-XS

id like to get the badges done if i got an Mi conversion as the normal badges arent very 'in your face' anyway, so i suppose those that know where to look, know enough to appreciate the conversion and power. And those that dont know where to look, soon will ;)

Edd

Anthony

I'm quite happy people thinking that my car is a standard 8v though, as it means less unwanted attention from undesireables and scroats. The modifications are for me to enjoy, not to tempt others into wanting to enjoy or destroy them.

The badges say 1.9 and that's still true anyway, just it gained a few more valves along the way ;)

Edited by Anthony

Monkey

true true, just want them really for the sake of it ;) no neeeed for me to have 16v badges on my car, but I do :)

Simes
I'm quite happy people thinking that my car is a standard 8v

Me too.

Man3

They might well exist in some form, i was at bridges in pease pottage a while back and there was a miami in the car park with Mi16 badges, i didn't look really close, but they pretty much looked original (it also had a 309 beam, auto bonnet and leather if its anyone off here)

hexhamstu

in the town i come from theres a graphite grey 205 with mi16 rear quarter badges, ive waved at the guy but never talked to him. so no idea where he got them.

Edp

There was a set on ebay ages ago which went for about 50 quid. I think they were probably professionally done as they looked quite neat.

Ed

timmsy19
There was a set on ebay ages ago which went for about 50 quid. I think they were probably professionally done as they looked quite neat.

there is a guy that makes these on ebay and sells them for£35+pp a set. he can do anything you like. i asked him what he can do and anything was the answer i got. pm me for his details

or here is the link for the ended item

205 Badges

Edited by timmsy19

sam205gti

If I was to get some made I would buy some blank ones from a scrap yard or new from peugeot (the ones off lower spec 205s) then I would take it to an engraver of some kind, i'd maybe start asking at key cutting place, because they sometimes cut signs.( I am sure a look through your yellow pages should find some engravers and key cutters). I would give them a print out of what the font should look like ask also if you can specify the font used.

Then once the writing has been engraved I would mask it very carefully then spray the writing with red paint, this I beleive would get the closest to real look. It might seem a bit of a hassle, but I would not want stickers on my car, however much I was convinced that they would not fall off.

Guest Peugeot Sport 309

How about this one?

309_184_711939275glenn309gti_2_06_large.jpg

Ofcourse you would replace 309 with 205.

Don't know if you can get them in the UK but i can always help you out.

Glenn.

kuuner

another option is to buy blanc ones and use the badges of a Saxo on it. i had a Saxo badge in my grill.

09schuur4.jpg

keith

^ thing that anoys me about those badges are that people put them on their VTRs when they are 8v :S

tashanoodles
^ thing that anoys me about those badges are that people put them on their VTRs when they are 8v :S

Heh I had an ex who wanted to put that on his bog standard 1 litre corsa! Not sure if he ever got round to doing it :s ;):)

jim205GTI
Heh I had an ex who wanted to put that on his bog standard 1 litre corsa! Not sure if he ever got round to doing it :s ;):)

is that why he is an ex now??? ;)

Pugnut

the bx16v had small chrome badges that said 16valve . i carefully trimmed off the 'alve' bit and stuck them on my doors - ala gti-6 style . they were quite small and looked good .

they looked too good , some thieving degenerate decided to remove them with what looked like the back hoe of a JCB (credit to cybernck for reminding me the other week), also my side repeaters, badge on tailgate, pulled out the passenger doorskin about 8 inches , and stole everything that wasn't bolted down (man i'm still bitter after 3 years!!)

what i'm trying to say is less is much much more.

Al

DrSarty

:) Hi, I'm Rich(ard) and new to the forum. FYI I've just started my Mi16 conversion (BX into 1.6) which I've done myself, and in the process I made myself AND sold on eGay some custom REAR QUARTER PANEL BADGES.

I have a background in graphic design and a 'relationship' with an expert vinyl cutter. Now the skills required aren't unique to me, but for around £50 I supply (starting with brand new, blank original Pug plastics) unique sets (this is the £50 mark - 4 items), pairs of the large or small, mixes or singles of qtr badges to your design in any colour(s).

I have not joined this forum just to trade, I just felt this could be a service available to forum members worth mentioning. I have done a lot of work to scan, tidy and 'vectorize' original graphics such as '205', 'GTi', '1.9', '1.6', 'Mi16', 'XS' and 'Turbo 16' such that they can be produced in single or multiple high quality vinyls for application to standard or coloured rear quarter badges. I then lacquer and seal them for long lasting results. I've done chrome, original PSA rally colours and colours matched to owner's paint scheme - which I believe really adds to appearance instead of the standard red.

I mentioned unique in so much as, unless it's just an order for a standard 1.6/1.9 GTi set, I promise to only produce a design once, to give the owner some extra individuality.

OK I've blabbed on. My Mi16's life is just beginning. It'll be modded probably using Yamaha R1 carbs and a Bogg Bros inlet manifold soon, but your thread highlighted what I thought meant I could be a useful member for the forum, just as one of the members offering replacement silicon hose sets.

I can e-mail or PM (I think that's private message (??)) some pictures of what I've done already, but I'm not sure how to put them on the forum. Get in touch if you need.

Dr S

Baz

Mine has blank ones where the 1.6/1,9 ones are supposed to be, less is more style, and adds to the sleeper effect!

DrSarty
Mine has blank ones where the 1.6/1,9 ones are supposed to be, less is more style, and adds to the sleeper effect!

I agree, there are 2 trains of thought. Leave 'em guessing or stupified OR let them know. I respect both. But the design/message whatever on the badges doesn't even have to be related to your engine/performance. For example, I've done someone's name on one set and even the Powerpuf Girls on another!!!

Dr S

Sign in to follow this