• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mrblonde

Star Chip

mrblonde

hey.im thinking of getting a star chip for my 1.9 gti.can anyone tell me more about this chip please,if its any good etc.thanks

DrSeuss

They're a waste of money don't bother. Jetronic is analogue so its not like a normal superchips remap where the fuelling curve is altered.

Sicknote

I haven't tried a Starchip, but if it's anything like a Superchip then you will get no more power, the car will be smoother to drive around town, but your fuel consumption will be about 20% higher.

This because the part-throttle mixture is greatly richened to reduce the throttle response, hence smoother to drive.

Any GOOD rolling road operator will be able to set your car up to acheive the same results, for about £60, and you'll use less fuel!

JayCC

I'vr just found a reciept in my history folder i got with the car, and the privious owner spent £150 on a star chip. Is it worth getting rid to save some fuel?

Jonmurgie

mrblonde - just try a search for 'superchip' and you will find the info you need... utterly pointless/useless on the 205 GTi :)

JayCC - I doubt it's going to make that much of a difference to your fuel consumption... what's your current MPG?

JayCC

I get about 210-230miles for 35litres of fuel

Jonmurgie

Well that's between 27.3 and 29.9mpg so I wouldn't worry about it, doubt you'll improve on that :wacko:

jonD6B

I asked a similar question on the 'Superchip' and the answers were a conclusive "No". You would be aswell to spend the money on head work, to which there are dozens of threads on here.

Sign in to follow this