• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest metsta

Advice On Lowering

Guest metsta

am planning to lower my 1.9 gti , am going to leave the rear at stock height & drop the front on some springs from autofive.co.uk i believe they are 35mm is this a decent setup for say to day use & occasional tracks?

thanks, other suggestions gratefully received

Craigb

Personally , I would drop the back one spline on the rear beam. I went about this on one of my earlier 205's and found that after dropping the rear as well, handling was greatly improved. I think the suspension set up was purchased from LAD. rated it , it was good all round not too harsh , but very predictable when loaded up in a corner.

;)

Adi
am going to leave the rear at stock height & drop the front on some springs from autofive.co.uk i believe they are 35mm

Its not really the best way of improving handling. The rear height definately wants lowering a similar amount to the front.

You should also think about uprating the dampers......even if only for the Streetline dampers....which are 10% uprated from OEM dampers. You will be able to get the kit with lowering springs from either Eurocar parts or even cheaper from www.motorsportworld.co.uk. The lot will cost about £150-£170.

Guest steveo

If you do not lower the rear the same amount or lower then you will get an increased amount of understeer upon cornering. I speak from experience.

newdean0

Yeah, I've got a lowered front and haven't done the back yet and my car understeers badly (weird as I would have thought with the car leaning to the front front end grip would be better).

Guest seb

AH.... yes mine understeers a fair bit too, I believe the front was lowered before I bought it and I dont think the back has been. How much lower does 1 spline make it?

Guest Ed_Miami

One spline was 35mm on my GTi...

Although it is possible to set the rear to the exact height you want, there's a guide on this site somewhere I believe.

Sign in to follow this