• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ross

Heated Front Window

Ross

If anyone is interested check out www.Gi24.co.uk. They do a 205 heated front window for £165.00.

Have spoken to the guy and he advises to wire straight to battery, due to current draw.

Has anyone got one or seen one? He told me the heater wires a very fine, like those found on fords, but others have commented that they are a lot wider.

Ross

RichE

ooo, gonna give them a call on Saturday.

I'll def have one of those.

red

Is this the lad that advertises in the MotorSport News called Mike Templer? I've been thinking of getting one in the future as mine has a couple of bad marks on it, the problem is who you get to fit it?

Regards Russ......

sleeper205

Miles popped this up a while back.

jackherer
the problem is who you get to fit it?

you can fit 205 screens yourslef, they're not bonded in, its just a rubber seal.

Miles

Yep they are good, All my mates who race 205's use them now. If you can get a few people intrested he will do a group discount

RichE

Are they fully road legal?

RichE

OK, I well I want one.

Who else? ;)

Sam

Me, but i'll have to work out money....

red

I've been on the web site but none of the links work it just leaves the page up with

Christmas holidays on? any one else had better luck. Don't fancy messing around with the windscreen mysely TBH I'll see what the local windscreen fitters say.

Regards Russ......

Edited by red

cookiemonster

I have one of these fitted to my 205.

They're good enough, but not stunning - fine for a track car, but I wouldnt replace a heater with one on a road car. The screen is split into the two sides (left & right) with wiring for each, and you can only really run one side at a time, otherwise the electrical load is too high (especially as when you're using the heated screen you're probably also running the wipers and the headlights...)

I still use the interior mist repellant stuff (Bob Heath Visor spray or similar)

So, yes, recommended but dont expect them to clear off frost in the morning...

Ross

Cookiemonster.

How visible are the wires on yours?

Ross

cookiemonster

They're visible in that if you look at the windscreen closely you can see the wiring - but they make no discernable difference to the transparency. The window has a bronze tint to it - probably due to the wires themselves.

There's no issue of not being able to see out of the front of the car - I dont think that there's any difference in visibility with the original glass.

jon

Mad Professor

I might have to think about this.

I am fed up waiting for like 5 min's for my screen to clear.

How long duz it norm take to clear the screen?

The wires are in the screen it's self, not like a rear window?

Edited by Mad Professor

cookiemonster

I dont know how much use it would be "in the morning" on a road car - it's a fairly heavy current draw, so you'd have to be careful at idle with the heater on already. Its enough to keep the screen from misting up from the inside when its wet, but I'm only out in the car for 10 - 15 minutes at a time.

On a road car, I'd try some interior mist repellent on the inside first - any motorbike shop will have some visor spray (or I think Halfrauds do some). If that doesnt do the trick, then give it a go...

The wires are in screen - i guess the screen is a laminate, the wiring is between the sheets.

Guest Brick-IT

I have another solution to this problem - use a garage ;):D

Was funny yesterday as a mate stayed over and we had to leave in convoy for an mot test - he was busy with the de-icer and heaters on full blast - I just rolled out of the garage - tee hee

Jim

mrswampy

demon tweeks also sell them.

in the book it says to run them via aswitch and relay

jonzink

are they similar to the ford heated screens or not as good

Guest paul.shore

Didn't think much to the ones in a ford - distracted me too much, especially towards the top of he screen when it was a fine day with no clouds.

Sign in to follow this