• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matty0908

Water Dripping From Sunroof Opener?

Guest Matty0908

In heavy rain the sunroof opener fills with water?? The seal between the rubber & sunroof glass appears to be fine??? Could water be entering the car via the aerial point and making its way to the sunroof opener?

Wurzel

Possibly, but have a look where the mounting screws go through the glass. This is a common leak point and easily cured with some sealant.

pug_ham

I'd be surprised if it was getting into the handle from the aerial hole personally, the handle seals are the likely culprit, a couple of rubber or fibre washers from a plumbers & some sealant will fix it.

Graham.:rolleyes:

Guest Matty0908

Cheers for the info..........its the mounting screws for definate!! Shall fix them tomorrow!!

Ahl

The aerial can leak too as the sealing washer goes hard. I had water sitting in the light on mine, but water in the sunroof release was from the sunroof handle.

d-9

Best bet is to head down to pug and ask at the parts dept for the fabric washers, they gave them too me at my local pug dealer coz the bloke there is a gent.

Alternativly you could do what i did on the goodwood till i had time to go to pug: take the handle off. Apply duck tape over the holes. Hope no-one notices and peals it off during a thunderstorm.

Ahl

You can use silicone sealant if you're careful or small rubber O-rings too.

Fearon

my areial used to leak on my TOpoaz blue one like a cutn....

Sealent was the best option, then a black permanent pen to cover it up!

j_turnell

Yeah the trouble with the original washers is they shrink so the seal is lost you can either make some up which is easy or pump it with slicone sealant.

nick
Sealent was the best option, then a black permanent pen to cover it up!
:)

Why not buy black sealant??

Mine leaked for ages, it turned out to be the two small screws that hold the exterior sunroof trim on.

Nick

Ross

If you are going to replace just with silicone, you may have to file down the base of the domed alloy caps, as I think it would not pull tight once the seal washers have been removed and you refit the scres through the glass.

Just a thought.

Ross

Sign in to follow this