• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
daz205

Streetline Or Sprintline

daz205

with track use as well dont mind bumpy rides but not too harsh

Wurzel

Like Adi said,

Sprintlines.

Anthony

Sprintline everytime.

If you can afford it, it's meant to be beneficial to replace the spring that come with the Sprintline kit with some Eibach springs.

sleeper205

i've heard there's not much diff between the two.

discuss.

daz205

had this on the pugsport forum for 1 day and had 1 reply god i love this forum

Nick C

I just got a full set of streetline shocks for just over £100 and added a set of Eibach springs (7001) at £65. Will be fitting this weekend as the springs on there now are too stiff.

Will let you know the results.

Nick

GtiMad

I run Streetline and am well impressed for the money (£170) but they are a bit soft for dry track work.

You could just get them and do wet trackdays you'll be fecking quick! lol

Would like to know more about the Sprintline are they adjustable? Anyone used them both?

Also anyone used a standard sprintline kit and then changed to Eibach springs? How do they compare? :)

daz205

the spintline is non adjustable but i think i`m correct in saying the dampeners are stiffer and use a full stroke as opposed to a shortened stroke (dont quote me on the last bit though)

Anthony

I'm pretty sure that Sprintline shocks are shortened stroke and designed to be used with shorter (lowered) springs...

daz205

thats it and the streetlines are the full stroke ones then makes more sense i guess

Pugnut

the streetline is a good kit but as mentioned can be a bit soft . the front feels great .

i used to have avo adjustables which were too harsh on the front but excellent on the back .

if i was doing it again i would use avo adjstable rears , streetline fronts with eibach springs . imo it would be a very good set up for a slightly lowered gti.

Dino

this is awesome!! I was gonna put up a thread about this as I am gonna order my suspension kit anyday now.......

Sorry to hijack but (it is relevant - honest!!) how do the Bilstein Sprintlines compare to Koni sport adjustables (softest setting - which is still hard!!)?

I am gonna use my car on the occasional track day but I dont want to ruin the ride......also how will eibach springs affect the ride?

Edited by Dino

Anthony

Right - Koni's vs Sprintline (I've got Koni's - Alan_M's got Sprintline's)

The Koni's seem to be stiffer than the Sprintline setup and more of the bumps and inperfections in the road get transmitted up into the cabin.

The ride with the Koni's though seems less "crashy" than the Sprintline setup - something which I believe is down to the Terra springs that are included with the Sprintline kit.

Both seem to be a big improvement over the standard setup when pressing on, providing you don't mind losing a little ride comfort around town

To be honest, I don't think that you can go wrong with either setup :)

Nick C

When i have fitted the streetlines and eibachs i will let everyone know what they are like. Fitting an OMP strut brace aswell.

Nick

Dino

Anthony - what springs are you using with the Konis? I was using Pi springs with my Konis on my last Pug (avatar :lol: )

Anthony
Anthony - what springs are you using with the Konis? I was using Pi springs with my Konis on my last Pug (avatar :lol: )

I honestly don't know I'm afraid - I don't think they're the standard Koni springs as the front looks to be lowered too much (picture here), which might also explain why it seems to transmit more bumps and inperfections into the cabin. They were on the car when I got it, and there's no receipt for any springs (just the Koni suspension)

My new 205 I'm picking up tomorrow has a brand new Koni adjustable setup on it, and it's sitting about 15-20mm higher than my car (probably about the same height as the standard Sprintline kit thinking about it). From the test drive of the new one, it seemed to retain a bit better ride comfort than my current one, but still performed well through the bends - I'll give you a more indepth analysis tomorrow once I've picked it up and racked up a few miles.

Dino

is this the one u bought of Jonnie? what is it again?

Simes

I've got Streetline with Eibachs and Strut brace and can't complain, lost about 5% comfort but gained so much more in handling grip etc...

Dino - passenger ride at the next south meet.

Dino

will be too late by then m8!!!

I am planning on buying them in the next couple of weeks!

TBH I think I will go for same set up as you Simes.....I might go for a lower strut brace too - suggestions on that?

daz205

ok if i was to replace the springs on the sprintline set up for eibach ones which ones should i get?

GtiMad
I might go for a lower strut brace too - suggestions on that

Wouldn't bother mate.

Dino
Wouldn't bother mate.

Any particular reason why not mate?

GtiMad

They normally offer no noticable differnce. Where they bolt to is normally a very stiff part of the suspension, esp with the front subframe on a 205.

Unlike when you bolt one across the top between the stuts at the top which are under a lot of strain and have no bracing etc.

You can save the money and buy me an ATB if you like. :lol::lol:

Simes
ok if i was to replace the springs on the sprintline set up for eibach ones which ones should i get?

7001 springs are the Eibachs you want...

Old interesting thread!

Sign in to follow this