Jump to content
  • Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

    Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Davetouch

205 1.9GTI girling caliper carriers

Recommended Posts

Davetouch

So my base spec 1991 1.1 205 needs new brakes and figured now would be a good time to consider any upgrades (want to use the car for longer trips/raiding type and so relatively heavily loaded) - and the standard 1.9 GTI girling/TRW/lucas calipers on the front seem a decent step up. Not interested in anything bigger or massively stronger, this ain't a sports car with its 54hp. ^_^

 

Current spec is of course solid 247 discs with bendix calipers. Rear drums are girling and fine as they are, will simply renew.

 

Getting all the needed parts off autodoc seems easy and affordable, except for one - the caliper carriers (or I see yoke used a lot around)... 

From catalogue diagrams I see the part numbers should be 4404.11 (left) and .12 (right) but this finds nothing anywhere online. Are these impossible to find nowadays or am I missing something?

 

I found that the calipers are also used on some other newer stuff like Dacias, but those seem to have bigger discs (258mm). Don't want to have to fit massive wheels, only 14" so this isn't an option even if those carriers fitted the 205 hub (unlikely).

Thanks in advance for help, I feel like I'm going mad with a basket full of things wanting to order but no chance of actually fitting them to the car... 

Tried also to upload some pictures, but the attaching isn't working.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×