• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
greenclaws1975

Foxguard alarm nightmare

greenclaws1975

Hi, Been trying to remove an ancient Foxguard alarm but now have no spark. 

There is several scotchlocks on the main fusebox but I can't get the fusebox out to remove them...

Does anyone know how these systems work..there is a siren under the bonnet but no key fobs

SRDT

What engine do you have? On a Jetronic GTI only two wires are going from the fusebox to the ignition system.

greenclaws1975

It's the TU3S engine , sorry should have put it in the post

SRDT

Ok so two wires for ignition and no injection.

ob_52c10f_2-11-allumage-moteur-tu.jpg

greenclaws1975

Thanks SRDT!.

Yes that is correct. 

I have no power to the ignition amplifier (pins 1,2,3?) . I presume pin 2 should have 12V with the ignition on ?

The bobine  has a 12V feed to it. 

I can't get the fusebox out in the glovebox to check which wires were cut when the alarm was fitted. It looks like it's fixed by a ball into a socket but I dont want to force it and break something

2 hours ago, SRDT said:

Ok so two wires for ignition and no injection.

ob_52c10f_2-11-allumage-moteur-tu.jpg

coil1.jpg

greenclaws1975

That is the alarm. There is a wire above the distributor cap that doesn't seem to do anything ?

coil8.jpg

coil2.jpg

Gohn
13 minutes ago, greenclaws1975 said:

I can't get the fusebox out in the glovebox to check which wires were cut when the alarm was fitted. It looks like it's fixed by a ball into a socket but I dont want to force it and break something

I know the feeling but its ok to remove the fusebox if you need.

The ball and sockets will pop out ok and you shouldn't need to remove the glovebox and surrounds first either. 

Its a tight space with the passenger seat but get a decent torch to help you see where each wire and plug goes

all the plugs are diff sizes/colour coded on the fuseboard so its pretty straightforward to get them back in their spots if you need to remove them

looks like a s*it alarm !

• Thanks 1

greenclaws1975
On 6/9/2024 at 12:32 PM, Gohn said:

I know the feeling but its ok to remove the fusebox if you need.

The ball and sockets will pop out ok and you shouldn't need to remove the glovebox and surrounds first either. 

Its a tight space with the passenger seat but get a decent torch to help you see where each wire and plug goes

all the plugs are diff sizes/colour coded on the fuseboard so its pretty straightforward to get them back in their spots if you need to remove them

looks like a s*it alarm !

Thanks all sorted now SRDT!. 

With your help i was brave enough to force the fuseboard out of its socket..et voila the fuseboard dropped down far enough to access the cut wires. Weirdly the hateful alarm was cutting out the power after the engine turned over a couple of times. With the wiring diagram I traced the wire feeding the coil on the fusebox ...with the alarm  removed and the wire reconnected it runs!.

Very satisfying putting that junk  in the skip. Now just got to tidy up all the cut wires..

20240609_150132.jpg

Tom Fenton

Merely a small amount for the bin, I've literally taken a bin bag full out of cars in the past!

greenclaws1975
On 6/11/2024 at 7:07 AM, Tom Fenton said:

Merely a small amount for the bin, I've literally taken a bin bag full out of cars in the past!

That's  a lot of stuff in a small car...Halfords has a lot to answer for!