• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Omorgan

MI16 wiring help - No spark

Omorgan

No worries I'll get on that when I get home. Thanks for explaining it all to me. 

Omorgan

Spot on those are great thank you.  As @petert said, I ran the fuel pump power from the fuse and wire 76 and installed the relay that @DamirGTI recommended into the green relay holder, left the brown disconnected and the thing fired up and ran. Thank you all for your advice. I can't yet leave it running for more than a few seconds because I haven't set up the cooling system and I haven't made up a heatsink for the AMP yet + I need to make an exhaust longer than just the manifold. Once this is done I'll see if its all working properly. 

Cheers, Owen.

• Like 1

Omorgan
On 5/1/2024 at 2:38 PM, SRDT said:

It's a dual output relay on the schematics but pin 4 is unused so a regular relay should do.

Here is the ECU and fuel pump relay setup from a 35 pin 405 in more detail, a loom from a BX 16 Valve or 309 GTI16 may vary a bit regarding relay type and location.

405 ML4.1.png

Hi guys, I'm just after a bit more advice please. I now have spark but I've made a mistake while bridging the injection relay and have melted the insulation on wire #32 meaning my fuel injectors at being inconsistent, shown on the diagram above. I'd like to replace it but the diagram only states that wire 32 goes to ground and to AC supply so I'm guessing the coil. Just hoping someone would be able to tell me where the yellow wire goes please. 

PXL-20240506-172455752.jpg

SRDT
54 minutes ago, Omorgan said:

the diagram only states that wire 32 goes to ground and to AC supply

It doesn't go to ground, U4 with the arrow means that it's for testing.

It's +12V ACC from the ignition switch, not sure how it was spliced on your car.

• Like 1

Omorgan

Amazing thanks mate I'll have a look 

Omorgan
Posted (edited)

Hi again guys. Really sorry for all the questions but this swap is kicking my ass. I now have an issue with the injection system not wanting to inject. I have spark. I have the relay in place for the fuel pump and have fuel pressure, I can hear it prime when cranking. I have removed all the injectors and cleaned them with Injector cleaner and 12v to flush them and they all spray nicely. 

When I crank the car with all the injectors plugged in and the injection relay disconnected, they don't spray, but one or two buzz when I turn ignition off, spraying a small amount at the end, visable in the video attached. 

When I crank the car with one injector disconnected, and the injection relay disconnected again, the other 3 injectors open and spray and continue to after I stop cranking until I turn ignition off, making a strange buzzing sound. 

When I connect the injection relay or bridge it and crank the car, there's nothing coming out the injectors. 

The voltage at the injectors is common at 0.95V on ignition 2 (ecu on). They all go to 4V when cranking. 

Does anyone maybe have any ideas please? Perhaps I'm being an idiot 

Cheers. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/ofG6wJygW88?si=fr1B3XeWSGP7Tu31

Edited by Omorgan

welshpug

injectors should be getting 12v.

Omorgan

I just had another play. With ignition on and the injector relay unplugged. All the injectors get 12V. Plugging each one in on its own makes them buzz and inject a very small amount of fuel. With more than one connected up they stop injecting