• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

greenclaws1975

Seat foam

greenclaws1975

Hi all,

Are the gti seat foam cushions the same as on the XS?.  Can somebody recommend a reliable seller of these?, thanks :)

Gohn

tried finding the catalog page to show for this but it wasn't coming up so put up some pics instead

there are only two kinds of seats, the GTi type and the flatter base model type

only a few versions got the good seats, the GTi's, rallye, CTi, Si and almost positive the XS also

if unsure which yours are, the better GTi ones should be obvious as they're buckets with good solid shoulder cushions both to the seat and uppers

the base model ones are flatter and provide less support as in the pics attached

both versions came in various covers from leather, half leather, velour, thru to a whole range of fabrics for the base models

the peugeot shop and serie04 has the cushions (as does youngtimers but they are expensive)

I bought the cushions / side bolsters from the guy below and they are good quality :

https://www.205gticovers.com

retain your XS fabric covers if you can

if you need fabric also, I'd get it from the peugeot shop as the quality is better

base.png

buckets.png

• Like 1

Tom Fenton
8 hours ago, greenclaws1975 said:

Hi all,

Are the gti seat foam cushions the same as on the XS?.  Can somebody recommend a reliable seller of these?, thanks :)

Yes they are the same. Not sure where to recommend to buy from, there are a few places now.

• Thanks 1

greenclaws1975
3 hours ago, Gohn said:

tried finding the catalog page to show for this but it wasn't coming up so put up some pics instead

there are only two kinds of seats, the GTi type and the flatter base model type

only a few versions got the good seats, the GTi's, rallye, CTi, Si and almost positive the XS also

if unsure which yours are, the better GTi ones should be obvious as they're buckets with good solid shoulder cushions both to the seat and uppers

the base model ones are flatter and provide less support as in the pics attached

both versions came in various covers from leather, half leather, velour, thru to a whole range of fabrics for the base models

the peugeot shop and serie04 has the cushions (as does youngtimers but they are expensive)

I bought the cushions / side bolsters from the guy below and they are good quality :

https://www.205gticovers.com

retain your XS fabric covers if you can

if you need fabric also, I'd get it from the peugeot shop as the quality is better

base.png

buckets.png

Thank you Gohn appreciated :) , those seats look fantastic!. Did you fit the standard foam or the softer 'dual pour' type. 

Gohn

cheers but the seats pictured are just some random examples from the web

and once done yours will look better than the gti above which need new thigh bolsters

mine are velour covered but I couldn't find any pics of them 

I have no experience with "dual pour foam" , maybe one of the other sites offers that ??

but the ones from gticovers.com have been great

Richie-Van-GTi

I have foams from Dave Hickman at gti covers as well, been absolutely spot on. Service is great from him as well.

• Like 1

Richie-Van-GTi

Only pic I can find of mine right now, maybe more in my build thread , 1.6 resto job.

IMG20220319145641.jpg.65d5dffb1e26de235d5ddb1310bc081e.jpg

• Like 1

sp_en_ny

Another vote for Dave Hickman @ gticovers.com. Absolutely spot on. I took one dual pour and one standard, the Standard is much firmer than the originals, the dual pour is very close if not the same in softness to the originals..