• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mat_the_cat

GTi 1.9 late fuel pump in early tank

mat_the_cat

We have a 1989 GTi with the early black fuel pump which has failed (no pumping, just a clonk when voltage is applied). The housing has also been butchered in the past so would like to change the whole thing, but can't seem to find one for sale. I've read on here that the later white assemblies are a pretty straightforward swap, just needs a different connector and a spacer to stop it fouling the tank. Can anyone else confirm this please?

My main question is the pump pre-filter - this seems to be a coarse mesh which sits in the swirl pot in the tank, and a fine mesh around the bottom of the black fuel pump assembly. Both are breaking up so does the later pump already come with some kind of pre-filter to stop dirt being sucked into the pump? Or do I need to obtain a new one as well as the pump?

Gaz D

Try this guy on Facebook. He seems to sell some quality refurbished parts

IMG_9773.png

mat_the_cat

Thanks for that, it's certainly an option although 280 Euros! Would certainly be cheaper to use the later pump, if that comes with an integral screen.

welshpug

I'd just get a wanted post up for a donor casing, the early pumps are available bare from autodoc for around £70 usually, for a genuine Bosch unit.