• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Widening the front end

Richie-Van-GTi

Ok so I think I have a plan in place for the back end of the car, now i need to think about the font end, seems to need around 50mm each side. I know 309 arms will gain 10mm, cannot find how much this changes camber. I was thinking about maybe altering the subframe to mount the arms further out but need to know what this will do to camber and how badly it could affect the geometry going over bumps. Has anyone done any work in this area?

petert

Now you're heading down a slippery slope. I use 405 driveshafts but with custom arms. Additionally, if the strut top was in the original position, it would have a stupid amount of camber. Thus the top has to be pushed out further as well. BX length is a bit shorter.

Richie-Van-GTi

I read the 309 arms add 1 degree negative camber, I could use adjustable top mounts that can go 3 either way then hopefully if i extend the arms out about 25mm I can dial most of it back out.