• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

lagonda

Front bumper - spoiler plastic clips? 1989 CTi

lagonda

Following my CTi being attacked by a bollard, I'm fitting a fresh front bumper. The spoiler is attached to the bumper flanges mainly by 10mm nuts/bolts, however, going through my spare moulding clips, I've come across a white plastic clip, basically "U" shaped but square not curved. It has raised dimples that touch on its inner surfaces, and I seem to recall finding this on the front spoiler years ago! So ... is this intended to be used instead of the 10mm nuts/bolts at any particular position on the spoiler/bumper?!

Edited by lagonda

Gohn

yours sounds like number 5 in the pic

it clips the bumper as shown to either the valance (in the GTi/CTi/Si etc) or to the deflector (which is the base model version of the valance and still pretty good)

they do get old and brittle and you'll break them if you force it too much

Screen Shot 2024-01-29 at 4.23.32 PM.png

lagonda

Hi Andrew,

Many thanks. I've since found this image image.png.32636ac16de1e03460b72cfcfa65238c.png  which is less cluttered, and appears to show that these clips are used as well as the 10mm bolts/nuts. Fine, but odd ... and which particular flange holes should the clips be used for?!

Laurence

Gohn

I've never seen a proper original with everything intact, mine have all had bits and bobs missing/broken by the time I got to em

some others have done full rebuild to OE spec so they'll probly point out the right hole