• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

ArthurH

BE3 Clutch arm plastic bushes

ArthurH

I discovered this thread in the archive: 

Which has been very useful to me.  We have suffered a CRB failure on our BE3 box, and I now think it could be because the lower bush is yellow and the top bush white.  We have the 79mm arms, so I think they should both be yellow.  I believe the part I am looking for is 2175 14.

I am struggling to find it for sale, any suggestions?

Also, what are the 'protectors' (item 4 in the diagram)?

TiA

welshpug

peugeot or citroen dealer or oem parts agent can supply the bushes if you ask them nicely to order them, they used to come in bags of 5 though so they may be reluctant to get them unless you buy all of them, that is of course if they are not obsolete, NFP/NLA.

this dealer in essex has a very useful website with parts ordering feature, and do still list them

https://peugeotcitroendsparts.com/search.php?search_query=217514

it would be advised to replace both if you have been running incorrect pair.

just found a listing on autodoc for a pair.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/3rg/13262686#bush-selector-shift-rod

the protectors are rubber seals that fit on the lip of the revised white bushes to keep moisture and dust out, they don't fit the yellow bush

• Like 2

ArthurH

Thanks Mei, a very complete answer - even explaining why I didn't have/don't need the protectors.

I will order a new pair of yellow now

ArthurH

I did order the set from Autodoc, in fact, as it seemed silly to order 1 set for £2.18 with £8.45 postage, I ordered two sets.  They arrived today.  My understanding is that the yellow pair should be used with the 79.7mm fork and the white pair with the 74mm fork, but most importantly the colours should not be mixed as that will cause the shaft to be at an angle.

So to my surprise:

IMG_20240122_194703691.thumb.jpg.1f2e98b39cbce935da19435bcc8d027e.jpg

Each bag contains one of each colour!  To make matters worse, this is the pair I already have - yellow bottom, white top, so I can't use any part of it.

I'm running out of time to get this rebuilt, so before returning them to autodoc, I have ordered from the other supplier Welshpug suggested above. Inc postage £10.67 for a single bush, but it will be worth it if correct.

welshpug

That is quite bizarre!!   Have a check of the bushes, in the small chance that they are correct but the wrong colour

ArthurH

Using Philfingers photo as a reference:

yellow_white_bush.jpg

They are the same shape/colours as these - so defo one of each type.  I can see this being a very difficult conversation with Autodoc - but unless I complain, they will continue to sell them like this...

ArthurH

Latest update: Peugeotcitroendsparts.com, have just refunded my payment as they discovered it wasn't really in stock after all...

Does anyone have a spare yellow top bush? 2175 14

ArthurH

Thanks Graham.  Annoyingly, my eBay searches failed to find me that one - I was probably too fixated on the part number, so I bit the (postage) bullet and bought this one from Spoox:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185447349609

Regarding the bottom bushes - Autodoc refuses to accept that their 'pairs' (sic) of yellow and white bushes are in any way incorrect, so wouldn't refund.  So I have a couple of spare yellow bottoms.