• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rallyman1

BE3 Gearbox

rallyman1

Hi,I have stripped and am rebuilding my first BE3 box with some new parts,but I am struggling to find a decent rebuild guide,does anyone know where I can get an idiots guide to rebuilding this box as I am having a couple of issues??  Thanks in advance

rallyman1

Thanks Phil,there is plenty available on stripping and ratios etc,but I am looking for detail on putting it back together,thanks

welshpug

Haynes manual covers it, i did a thread on here many years ago also.

rallyman1

Thanks Welshpug,I have a Haynes manual which doesnt go as indepth as that,,I think I have been making the mistake of putting the output shaft bearing on the shaft and then the casing on,then there is no room to put the big circlip on as the bearing is in too far,I reckon I need to put the casing on then slip the bearing on,could that be right?, cheers

PhilNW
Posted (edited)

Bearing on shaft, when the casing is on lever shaft and gears through the crown wheel slot until the bearing comes back up through the casing to fit the circlip. The shaft and bearings are pinned to the casing by the circlip in one direction and the bolts and washers in the other. 

EDIT

I think Haynes manual tells you to put CWP and cover on first, I put it on last.

Edited by PhilNW

rallyman1

Cheers Phil,will try that and thanks Graham,I used that link for strip down,but I actually need similiar for the rebuild,,cheers guys