• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Brinkle12

Fuel Injectors

Brinkle12

I've just bought my first 205 GTI 8V. My dream car since I was a kid.

One of my injectors seems to have failed part number 280150734. I can't seem to find a reasonably priced replacement, and not too sure on what is a compatible injector. I'm in New Zealand so am looking at $100 frieght so need to know I am getting the right parts! I have emailed Pug1off but not heard back from them.

Does anyone know of a compatible/upgrade injector that will plug straight in? Local parts store quoted me $2000 for a set of four Bosch 280150734

welshpug

a complete failure is very rare, you can have them serviced/cleaned, this tends to be far cheaper than replacing them.

part number should have a Zero at the start, 0280 150 734.

they were also used on some Volvo models, under the same bosch part number.

Autodoc have a nice cross reference list, unfortunately no stock.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/bosch/1150303

which engine do you have in there?    105 bhp   at a guess, black injectors.    most common 1.9 is a 128 bhp with yellow injectors with part number ending 762.

Thijs_Rallye

The EV1 Bosch injectors are mostly discontinued for a while now. Bosch EV6 has 1 on 1 replacements, deadtimes differ slightly but my car runs fine on them. 0 280 156 045 are the replacements for the yellow top EV1's used in the 8V GTi's an S16/Mi16's.  Afaik the black tops from the 105hp 1.9 flow a bit more but those run on a lower rail pressure (2,5bar instead of 3bar).

I wouldn't be surprised if the 0 280 156 045's will work fine in a 105 hp 1.9.

Some more info available here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lNsjX6I0NY70CLLa25-HLHfcbb-EhxRoDQ-UxZd2rPs/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Thijs_Rallye

Brinkle12

Thanks Welshpug i've got the 105bhp with the black plugs.  You're right, those injectors are impossible to get, there are heaps of Chinese knock offs on eBay but will steer clear of those. 

Thijs_Rallye, I can get those  0 280 156 045 injectors locally for $50 each. It will cost $20 to test each injector and $60 for a service. Maybe I'll start there - worst case I'll try the  0 280 156 045's.

Thanks for the help !