• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Nik94

205 1.4 mounts

Nik94

Hello. I want to move my engine a little backwards. Difference at pics. Mine is like 1st Pic 1.4 iron block. And 2nd Pic is from euro spec 1.3 rallye. The reason for that conversion is because I will turbo it and the turbine doesn't fit. 

The problem is. I can't found the engine mounts to do it. Any recommendations? Does anyone sell these mounts custom or oem? Thank you DSC_0403-copy.thumb.jpg.76d5fa9ea8b001d0dbde8ebd1ad4b3f2.jpg

205-Rallye-351.jpg

welshpug

Both those engines sit in exactly the same place, the difference is that the earlier non xu engines had a different engine mounting point on the shell, the later cars all used the same mount as xu/xud as the upper picture depicts.

SRDT

Mei is right, there is no special gearbox casing to tilt the TU24 and certainly not backwards when the intake manifold is already that short.

The AX Sport has the same engine with an even shorter manifold and 95hp instead of 103hp.

Is your turbo that big? Danielson managed to shoehorn a Garrett T025 inside the AX:

citroen-ax-turbo-danielson-2.jpgCitroe%CC%88n-AX-Turbo-5-1.jpg

Nik94
1 hour ago, welshpug said:

Both those engines sit in exactly the same place, the difference is that the earlier non xu engines had a different engine mounting point on the shell, the later cars all used the same mount as xu/xud as the upper picture depicts.

Thanks for the answer. 

I don't think are at the same point. 

Both pictures are tu. 

Even at the tu5j4 swap the engine sits more backward than 1.4.

All my mounts are new. So it's not from there the problem. I have 5-10cm from stock ex manifold to radiator. 

21258354.jpg

Nik94
1 hour ago, SRDT said:

Mei is right, there is no special gearbox casing to tilt the TU24 and certainly not backwards when the intake manifold is already that short.

The AX Sport has the same engine with an even shorter manifold and 95hp instead of 103hp.

Is your turbo that big? Danielson managed to shoehorn a Garrett T025 inside the AX:

citroen-ax-turbo-danielson-2.jpgCitroe%CC%88n-AX-Turbo-5-1.jpg

No the turbo it's small. But I have 5-10cm from stock ex manifold to radiator

welshpug

That is normal, you should see an S1 106 with a 16v, there is zero room :lol:

Nik94
5 hours ago, welshpug said:

That is normal, you should see an S1 106 with a 16v, there is zero room :lol:

Yes that's the difference. 205 with 16v has more room than mine. I had build a 106 s1 with 16v. And again had more room than my 205 with 1.4

welshpug

But you said you have 100mm?