• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

MarcelBF84

Hello from a new member and here’s my car

MarcelBF84

Hello folks

I’m Marcel, Brazilian currently living in Istanbul for about 3 years. A couple of months ago I decided to buy a 205 GTI 1.9, it’s a car that was never imported to Brazil but I always had as one of my most desirable car to have one day. Since it was not available in my country, I even considered a few years ago to buy a 205 Junior and modify it to be a GTI replica. After moving to Turkey for work I started looking for options to buy a car but cars in Turkey are one of the most expansive in the world! Here any model cost at least 3x more than in UK for instance, but interestingly enough, the GTI although being rare is an exception, costing the same average price found in Europe, sometimes less. So the decision was obvious to me and I bought my GTI to be used as a daily.

so far the car is running just fine, right after I bought it I noticed a considerable leak of transmission oil which concerned me, but for my relied it was an easy fix changing the seals in the axle.

The car was sprayed by the previous owner and the engine was renewed, which is great, however, the interior of the car is not in the most desirable condition and some work will need to be done for the next months. Dashboard is in bad shape, some frames are grey, some are black, digital clock is not working, glove box is falling dow and the carpet is crap. 

From now I’ll start searching the forum for topics related to doubts I have an I may come with new ones in case I cannot find the answers I’m looking for, it’s great to join the community

cheers!

20230901_144312.jpeg

• Like 2

Leslie green

Looks a nice car Marcel .:D