• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Phil Gti

Which is postive and negative

Phil Gti

Bought a new sound system and having fun installing it all. Removed the front door speakers but there is no marking on the wire or terminals to determine which is positive and negative. Can you help, do you know?

This is what a 32 year old speaker looks like loll20230812_140914.thumb.jpg.2fa85fa3ad07c9828f083fbea1f5d8f4.jpg

20230812_140750.jpg

petert

It doesn’t matter, so long as you are consistent and wire all speakers the same way, so they stay in phase. 

Phil Gti

Thanks, I wanted to make sure. The ISO connector has the speaker wires in a non logical pattern alternating from either side and top and bottom for + / - front and rear, in the end I worked it out, and the white wires are negative. 

New head unit, dab aerial, amp speakers and sub all wired up and working now.

Edited by Phil Gti

ScoobyJawa

I was going to say white - you just take the French logic and apply it.  Black is used everywhere else as negative, so lets use white :D

Phil Gti

Yep typical, and the Pioneer speaker wires had the tracer on the positive wire just to confuse things.