• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

rvalente

Hello Friends,

I've recently acquired a Auverland A3 Jeep (or JPX Montez in Brazil) it uses a XUD9 engine 66KW/90CV fitted with a BA7/5 transmission.

The engine is busted. Diesel injection pump needs service, oil leaks everywhere, bad turbo, bent intake valve and more problems to be found

28444d1131911708-chassis-jpx-auverland-a
JPXMontez1.jpg

Is the XUD9A easily swappable with the EW10A? I mean, will the transmission fit without mods? i'm looking for a plug and play.

I'm planning to use the stock IAW6LPB ECU, it will be modded to immo off and BSI free.

EW10A 200 Nm 105 KW - Aluminum head and block, VVT intake, easy to find, used to work with
XUD9A 171 Nm 66 KW

A few comparisons

XUD9A vs EW10A(colored) engine
HtNNbBR.md.png

BA7/5 Transmission from Auverland (same used in 504)
HtjaZYB.md.jpg

Various transimitions compared: AL4 from a EW10, two transmissions from a 1st gen XUD9 JUMPY, 806 HDI, BE3R from a 205/405
HttAlUv.md.png

Do you guys think its a plug and play setup?

Greetings from Brazil

Renan

SRDT

Welcome here.

All but a few XU/XUD are slanted at 30°. The EW is at 18.5° but aside from that the bolt pattern should be the same. I don't know if the XUD9A on the JPX is at 30° as usual.

An older XU10 or XU7JP4 should probably be more plug and play.

As for using a 200 N.m engine keep in mind that the BA7/5 is not very strong, Peugeot mated high torque engines with the BA10/5 or the automatic ZF 4HP22.

rvalente
51 minutes ago, SRDT said:

Welcome here.

All but a few XU/XUD are slanted at 30°. The EW is at 18.5° but aside from that the bolt pattern should be the same. I don't know if the XUD9A on the JPX is at 30° as usual.

An older XU10 or XU7JP4 should probably be more plug and play.

As for using a 200 N.m engine keep in mind that the BA7/5 is not very strong, Peugeot mated high torque engines with the BA10/5 or the automatic ZF 4HP22.

Agreed on the additional torque from the EW10A, if the BA7/5 breaks up wont be very hard to find an eaton/clark CL2205 which equipped the later models.

Do you believe the input shaft will match the EW10A flywheel correctly?

SRDT

I don't know what kind of clutch you have on a JPX, probably some 215mm BA7-BE3 hybrid. The EW10 has a special low profile 228mm mechanism so you may need to use the (lightened) XUD9A flywheel to keep it simple.

As for the crank sensor there should be no suitable trigger wheel on the XUD9A flywheel but there is also no provision to bolt the sensor on the BA7 bellhousing  so it's probably better to install a trigger wheel on the front of the engine.

welshpug

Dw10 would be easier, grand vitara got these on a rwd box with transfer case.

rvalente
14 hours ago, SRDT said:

I don't know what kind of clutch you have on a JPX, probably some 215mm BA7-BE3 hybrid. The EW10 has a special low profile 228mm mechanism so you may need to use the (lightened) XUD9A flywheel to keep it simple.

As for the crank sensor there should be no suitable trigger wheel on the XUD9A flywheel but there is also no provision to bolt the sensor on the BA7 bellhousing  so it's probably better to install a trigger wheel on the front of the engine.

I was doing some investigation about it, took LUK and SACHS catalogs and did a little cross reference

JPX/504 uses a Ø215mm disc, with 10 straight splines. Pressure plate uses 6 bolts
This was a very common spline for light trucks, my other jeep uses a clark 240V trans is similar, GM S10 to

EW10A/EW10J4/DW10TD/EW7J4/XU7JP4 uses the same Ø230mm disc 18 splines with the BE3R | BE4R | BE4/5 | BE3/5

Both XUD and EW10A used the same BE4R transmission, maybe with a different splined input shaft

2 hours ago, welshpug said:

Dw10 would be easier, grand vitara got these on a rwd box with transfer case.

DW10 (HDi 2.0, right?) was used in a few peugeot commercial engines, but they're very very expensive, and I'm not looking to keep it diesel. Diesel maintenance is really expensive, ottos is a few times cheaper.

Do you guys believe the input shaft will match? I'm inclined to.

welshpug

Be input shafts are all the same spline, as are ma.

Diesel costs much the same to change oil and filter on as a petrol,  plus no spark plugs to change.

rvalente
23 minutes ago, welshpug said:

Be input shafts are all the same spline, as are ma.

Diesel costs much the same to change oil and filter on as a petrol,  plus no spark plugs to change.

I like diesels, a lot, but here, small diesels are NOT common, there are no diesel passenger cars. Diesel is only allowed for commercial, jeeps (only with 4WD) and trucks.

Rebuilding a Bosch VE fuel injector pump + injectors costs around R$3500 in a specialized shop.
A set of 4 brand new injectors for EW10A is around R$570

I like the XUD9 because I won't need to adapt a thing, just rebuild it. But it will probably cost the same as an used EW10A. I Like the XUD9 because seams to be a very fuel economic engine

I like the EW10A because they're plenty available from various donors, will work with a stock ECU, has more torque and power than a stock XUD9, is a more modern engine and lighter.

This guy swap a 2.0HDI (DW10?) to a XUD9, looks totally plug and play

SRDT
2 hours ago, rvalente said:

EW10A/EW10J4/DW10TD/EW7J4/XU7JP4 uses the same Ø230mm disc 18 splines with the BE3R | BE4R | BE4/5 | BE3/5

Both XUD and EW10A used the same BE4R transmission, maybe with a different splined input shaft

You only find Ø228mm discs on EW and DW with a BE, it's Ø215mm maximum for XU and XUD with a BE.

They are Ø230 discs for XU/XUD but it's with the bigger ME or ML gearboxes and those clutch mechanisms are a bit too big to fit as is on a BE. Disc splines should usually be the same than BE.

The DW10 is a XUD with direct injection and a newish head design, it's even more obvious when comparing the indirect injection DW8 with the XUD9A.

Early DW10 like on the 306 are slanted at 30° and mated with a BE3 gearbox, aside from those rare cases you find them slanted at 18.5° with a BE4.