• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

amitai12

Upgrading the blower motor

amitai12

Hi, I own a peugeot 205 forever. When the car arrived in Israel in 1999, the main company that sold peugeot cars installed a local addition of an A/C to the car. The compressor itself is very efficient in terms of cooling output, apart from the fact that when it is activated, a decrease in the vehicle's engine power is felt because of it’s spinning from the crank by another belt. Here in Israel the summer is very hot and I have always felt that the blower motor of the vehicle compared to other vehicles and especially modern vehicles is terribly weak. I disassembled the blower motor and also read the guide here in the forum for the overall of the blower motor, but i thinking on another direction to make it way better.

Is it possible to find a similar but more efficient and powerful engine from another vehicle that will fit the other parts of the blower motor?

if not, there is another idea how to significantly improve the flow of the air from the blower motor?

Attached photos of the blower motor.

thanks!

IMG_0098.thumb.jpeg.44da71e4700110e787255d8f567bc247.jpegIMG_0097.thumb.jpeg.9a86ba71993b5277b66e8000f93edd58.jpegIMG_0095.thumb.jpeg.c3e44487d5654f6e5f4440edf95370ae.jpegIMG_0094.thumb.jpeg.162c853119d511c254acdb7ca75f34b6.jpegIMG_0096.thumb.jpeg.574f7a0ab945b1f680a4c894f74643e4.jpeg

Edited by amitai12
Photos was at wrong place of the post

SRDT

If you can't find a more powerfull one that fits you could try to power the stock motor with more thant 12V using a voltage booster, that way it will go faster.

Either way with more power you should check if the speed control transistor is still up to the task:

stewal

The motors were not powerful from new: 30 years on they are pretty feebIe, often because of the speed control.

I got mine to an acceptable standard by fitting a bypass switch that puts full battery voltage direct to the fan when required via a relay: it's still not up to modern standards but it's just the right side of acceptable. 

amitai12
On 7/16/2023 at 9:14 PM, stewal said:

The motors were not powerful from new: 30 years on they are pretty feebIe, often because of the speed control.

I got mine to an acceptable standard by fitting a bypass switch that puts full battery voltage direct to the fan when required via a relay: it's still not up to modern standards but it's just the right side of acceptable. 

In my Peugeot, the speed option does not work and it is stuck on the maximum power and to turn it on or off I disconnect the connector itself from the blower motor.

On 7/16/2023 at 4:55 PM, SRDT said:

If you can't find a more powerfull one that fits you could try to power the stock motor with more thant 12V using a voltage booster, that way it will go faster.

Either way with more power you should check if the speed control transistor is still up to the task:

intresting. 

This method will not cause damage in the long run to the blower motor?

SRDT

It won't last longer that is for sure.

You should have more wear on the brushes from increased voltage on top of extra wear from higher rpm.

But, as long as the speed control works, that's only when you go beyond the original maximum speed.

amitai12

No one has ever tried to take just such an engine from another newer vehicle and adapt it, or to take a complete blower unit that almost fits and make adjustments to fit in the 205?