• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Phil Gti

"Can you guess what it is yet."

Phil Gti

Another day spent at my garage, with the end result of one step forward and two back.

I am still chasing a new starter motor that on a bench works but does not when using the ignition key. 

Anyway I have three of what is this for or where does it go questions.

Whilst checking the timing belt today, pre starting checks lol, I found this wire/plug. What is it for, should it be connected?

Secondly the O/S/F splash shield, the top fixing locations are obvious. Where does the front fixing point locate?

Lastly where and how does this fuse box attach?

Thanks for your help.

20230630_121941.jpg

20230630_152053~2.jpg

20230630_152231.jpg

Edited by Phil Gti

Gohn

in reverse order,

- see pics ,your little fusebox goes at LF just in front of your battery, its bolted into a metal bracket thru the two lower holes, the bracket also holds the relay box next to it and both are bolted to the slam panel . it should be fairly obvious so maybe someones taken away the bracket or mucked about with your loom at some point . there's a pic of the bracket out of the car makes it a bit clearer so you can see the slots for the boxes and bolt points. you should have two long (maybe 60mm shank) bolts with M10hex head for the fusebox and two more m10hex head shorter bolts for the slam panel fixing 

- tuck your splash guard on the engine bay side of this loop and screw in thru the hole located there. also the bottom screw attachment is similar. slot the splash guard above the subframe and screw up thru the hole located there

- think that's an earth plug, obsolete for your model ?

IMG_0981.jpg

fuse:relayboxes.jpg

bracket.jpg

Edited by Gohn

petert

In regards to the starter, it’s most likely the contacts in the key barrel are worn and can no longer carry the current. Either new ignition switch or fit a relay closer to the starter motor.

Phil Gti

Wow that was quick. Splash guard easy fitting with the photo.

I am missing the bracket then, another thing to add to the list.

My car had a K&N filter fitted. I am guessing the bracket has been removed and the fuse and relay box moved out of the way under the slam panel to make room for it. 

And a cable,conector I can tuck away from the camshaft pulley.

Cheers

Gohn

yeah my plug's tucked away,

whoever put that K&N filter on probably "set aside" the bracket but lost it

I've an aftermarket foam filter also, its different model but even so there should be no need to move the fuse/relay boxes and bracket

be best to put them back where they were and maybe locate your air filter better

pug_ham
On 7/1/2023 at 12:59 AM, Phil Gti said:

Wow that was quick. Splash guard easy fitting with the photo.I am missing the bracket then, another thing to add to the list.

Some slam panels have two threaded nuts on where the shunt box attaches so you might not be missing the bracket at all.

g

• Thanks 1

DAVE 54

Got a bracket and Nearside door mirror. Slight scratch on outer casing of door mirror, glass good

Phil Gti

I will check to see if that is how the aux fuse box attaches. I am sure my relay box is located next to the N/S suspension turret. So maybe  two types of set up. I will let you know if I need the bracket.

Mirror casing does need to be undamaged, so a no for that part. 

Edited by Phil Gti

Phil Gti

Non start issue was an after market immobiliser that appeared to disarming. One circuit providing power to the fuel pump, which I could hear priming and fuel at the fuel rail was working. The other circuit was for the starter and had died. Removed the immobiliser, bingo it starts and runs now.