• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stew

Under bonnet wiring connections 205 1,9

Stew

I have a 1991 205 1.9 gti which I acquired in dismantled state just trying to work out cable routes and what connects to where.

Any wiring diarams that include cable colours etc or anyone with similar car in Worcester area I could look at 

welshpug

Peugeot use numbers on the wires, the haynes workshop manual has diagrams which will show you what wire connects to what component.

drj545

http://www.dethomaso.fr/2019/02/schemas-205-gti-am-apres-12/1989.html

The above website has all the wiring diagrams you’ll need, if you don’t mind translating a bit of French. In addition to the wiring numbers they also have the colours (in French).

I was in a similar position to you with my car, being a bare shell and a jumble of wiring loom - I think I’ve got everything working now. 

DAVE 54

Have a 1.6 gti if of any interest to look at

Stew

Thanks for all the advice . The French website is good and even has a translate button icon.

I have the wiring diagram/Haynes manual but not found any numbers on wires probably faded long ago. One of the brown wires is white in some parts.

I think the 1.6 is quite different?

Lots now connected so maybe time to be brave connect battery and see what happens.

Gohn

also its been mentioned many times before but

the wire colours are not always the same so try not to rely on them too much

the numbers are reliable, but sometimes difficult to find and decipher or possible a prev owner has cut them off

the are usually located close-ish to the wire ends near the plugs/connectors somewhere