• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Lregpug

K light permanently on

Lregpug

Hi, my first post. I am in the process of getting my 1.9 back on the road. I managed to start it no problems 5 years ago. I lost a bit of interest but now I want to get back in to it again. I checked water,oil,plugs rotated the crank then proceeded to fire it up. Nothing happened but the k light stays on. I have freed up the starter so it cranks. Battery is fully charged after 3 days charging. I have “scanned” the two pin port both ways (pin 1 to earth and pin 2 with the home made scan tool) but all I get is a solid k light no flashing. Also I can’t hear the fuel pump either. Hope someone can help, many thanks.

DamirGTI

- spark

- fuel

- compression

Have/checked for those three ?

If it's been standing/left unused for so long , with old stale petrol still in the tank , then the fuel pump is 100 % f***d ..

Try to start it up with some "easy start" spray .. if it starts and runs on a spray - you've got spark and compression , missing fuel .

D

Lregpug

I must admit I haven’t. when I can get someone to Turn the key for me I will check for a spark, but No wet plugs so I’m guessing no fuel. And no priming sound from the rear either. As for compression I don’t have a tester but it felt good as I rotated the crank. Good idea on easy start I will give it a try.

DamirGTI

Motronic 1.3 equipped 205's usually do not prime with the key ON , as most of the Jetronic 205's do (thought that too depending on the tachymetric relay brand fitted , some do some don't) .

Most certainly it's the fuel pump (fuel pump roller cell mechanism) seized/blocked/stuck from the stale petrol varnish (takes only an tiny layer of gum/varnish and it's a no go) .

Might try to save/repair it depending how badly it's stuck ...

No need to "dig deep" yet , make it simple for now just try some easy start spray as an "artificial fuel" .. have someone to spray in the intake whilst you crank it .

If it starts and continues to run on a spray , then : you've got spark and compression (but no fuel) .

D

Edited by DamirGTI

Lregpug

Thanks for giving me more of an idea where to start. Fingers crossed.

Lregpug

Just an update, easy start worked a treat. Changed the pump and fuel. started right away. Excellent many thanks.