• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

s34nog

Gap between mouldings and arches

s34nog

Hi All,

My wheel arch mouldings aren't sitting flush with the body. Affects all four (not just front). They were all fitted with new fixings, but present with uneven gaps. Hopefully pics explain better. The car had a respray in 2020 and mouldings have been like this since. Possibly they got warped while off the car. I've thought about using clamps and heat to coax them back into shape, but this sounds risky and might not work. Anyone experienced this or have some ideas?

20230510_205619.jpg

20230510_205603.jpg

DamirGTI

Double sided sticky tape (heat it up a bit with hair drier to maximize "stickiness") or few blobs of PU adhesive/sealant .

Personally i find PU adhesive better , sticky tape tends to "dry off" after a while and then attracts and holds moisture .

D

Edited by DamirGTI

s34nog

Thanks D,

Im going to regret asking this but I take its best to take them off to do this?

DamirGTI

Preferably yes , take them off .

Or , if it's just on the corners/contours , see if you can pull/bend/spread apart moldings in those spots in order to make enough gap to inject some PU sealant .

D

s34nog

Great, thanks!