• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Nithy

205 GT front Strut - Mount

Nithy

Hi Guys,

Installed two brand new Strut for my 205 from Pug1 (BILSTEIN  ) installed them and drove the car to the top of my drieway and back, Passenger struct was leaking like a siv, Driver side one was perfect. Dealing with that issue.

Anyway my question is regarding how should the stop part of the suspension be (not sure of the technical terms. PIC attached) . Everything in the strct apart from the spring and this top part looks like a top hat was repalced with new bits, all the bushes, bearings etc.

image.png.b45d57fa0f5d2ef7adb436f4d00c5e36.png

Both sides of the car, after the new shocks were attacked there is a small GAP, is this normal or am I supposed to tighten it even more? I have tightened it as much as I can, with the springs compressed. The originals on the car were flush, but then those strcts were 40yrs old. I have a donor car and those structs seems to be aa bit like how mine looks like. not as much as this one, but perhaps a bit lower.

Any advise?

Thanks

nithy

Nithy

Also another clarification.

Is there a particulat pattern the top 3 bolts needs to be posistioned? I lined them up so all three game thorugh the holes. Not sure if there is some pattern or mark which I should be following so they line up?

i lined them up with the original holes (where the old strct came through) but not sure if the underlaying pattern is correct or not....

image.png.a9e950eea0c58496a398e5144a4adac6.png

Gohn

yeah the little inverted top cup does sit up as you've noticed, that's normal nothing to worry bout

its rubber overmoulded and the rubber can get worn or cracked , as in yours

I usually mark the outer bolt before removal and reinstall it to the outside hole, orienting the shock/spring/strut to that

Leslie green

I never marked mine  when I took them apart either for powder coating  not sure if there is even a difference left to right 

Zetec7

They are not handed

• Like 1