• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stewal

DFZ distributer vacuum advance

stewal

Hi, I am investigating an oil leak from the distributer: seems likely a rebuild is required as a new o ring didn't fix it.

Whilst looking at this, I find that there is no hose on the vacuum advance unit and no disconnected hose to be seen.

Should the DFZ have vacuum advance? The hoses under the throttle body all seem to go to the charcoal filter set up on the n/s wing (it's a Japanese spec Gti auto).

Would it be better to reroute the vacuum hose to the distributer rather than the presumably long since failed charcoal filter set up.?

Cheers 

welshpug

certainly should be a vacuum hose if it has an advance capsule, trouble is with so many of these the capsule is knackered and leaks, so that would be the first check.

the vacuum port is on the bottom of the throttle body, smaller than the charcoal canister port.

stewal

Thanks for that. My car is weird there are 3 hoses coming out of one port on the underside of the throttle body, 2 large ones to the emission control set up and a thin vacuum hose to the actuator on the charcoal canister.

I am thinking of 'T' ing into that line and running up to the distributer once I have had it refurbished.