• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Fumanchu

205 Mi16 Engine bay questions

Fumanchu

I'm starting to build a view on stuff that needs to be sorted in the engine bay and have a couple of questions: 

1. Whats the tank circled in blue and should be connected to anything else apart from the thin metal arm (shown in red) as its flapping around?2022-12-26-14-21-481.jpg

2. The cam cover is a mess and needs refurbishing. As it appears to be made out of magnesium, any recommendations on who is able to refurb these?2022-12-26-14-22-30.jpg

Gohn

1. not totally sure from the pic but the black bottle looks like its the rear wiper reservoir

dont know what its doing flapping about in the engine bay unless its substituting for the usual one

your regular (front) wiper reservoir is located left front qtr, next to the battery and is frosted clear

davemar

As Gohn said, that looks like the rear washer reservoir, so it's only a car length out! In my Mi16 installation I removed the usual washer reservoir as the induction filter got in the way a bit, so I mounted a different shape one near the bulkhead. I'm guess this is an attempt to get around the same issue I had.

As for the cam cover, I refurbished my ages ago. IIRC I stripped the old paint off, and then sprayed it with something suitable (can't remember exactly what I used, but something that sticks well to hot-ish metal). To highlight the Mi16 logo and stripes I rubbed the paint of with a fine flap disk to reveal the bare metal. I then gave it coat of clear laquer.