• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Fumanchu

205 Mi16 Resurrection

Fumanchu

Having succumbed to nostalgia from having owned a graphite grey 1.9 GTI back in the early 90's, i took the plunge on a 1991 205 1.6 GTI with the Mi16 conversion already done.  As you can see the car is in a bit of a rough state having been parked up for 5 years beforehand but used as a track rat previous to that.  The previous owner bought it for spares but managed to get it through an MOT without too much difficulty then sold it onto me as a car as one that is only just above being fit for spares and repair.

2022-12-22-10-32-29.jpg

2022-12-21-10-11-06.jpg

2022-12-22-10-34-30.jpg

2022-12-22-10-38-28.jpg

Reported spec:

205 MI16, 1.6 box, Non-Sunroof Shell, Bilstein Sprintline Front Suspension, Front 206 GTI 180 Brakes, Rebuilt Rear Beam, Bilstein Group N Rear Dampers, Longmans Head, 3 Angle Valves, Piper 180 Cams, BBM Silicon Coolant Hoses, Baffled Sump, 4-2-1 Manifold, Quaife ATB LSD, short shift kit.

The engine appears to be was rebuilt in 2007 so may need a refresh but the cambelt definately needs doing asap as it hasn't been changed since it was parked up.

The plan is to restore, update and improve. 

Target spec:

• Full body repair and respray
  • New bumpers & trim
  • Refurbished interior
  • Rebuilt rear beam with rear brake conversion
  • 200hp with ITBs

Having only dipped back into Peugeot ownership, i've got loads of questions that I'll start to post up.

Edited by Fumanchu
  • Like 2